cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water indicator lights not working

AM_Allan
Explorer
Explorer
I think we've all had problems with black and grey tank lights malfunctioning due usually to debris of some sort shorting out the sensors. Now my fresh water tank is showing 2/3 full when the tank is actually empty. It seems unlikely that the standard bleach sanitation would solve the problem. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
In my rig I have easy access to the FW tank and when my sensors got flaky it turned out to be loose wire connection.
Kevin

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Non working sensors are something you just must except from your RV. You will learn this over time.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Check out SeeLevel. I've installed one on our last two mhs.

Dusty

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know why RV tank guages & boat fuel guages are so unreliable. For the 5er I have gotten to know consumption fairly accurately by day. For the boat fuel is calculated by the engine hour clock. There is always a way around the problem when the fix is too much effort.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know why RV tank guages & boat fuel guages are so unreliable. For the 5er I have gotten to know consumption fairly accurately by day. For the boat fuel is calculated by the engine hour clock. There is always a way around the problem when the fix is too much effort.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Sensors donโ€™t actually short out, deposits can buildup on the tank walls providing a path for electric. I doubt bleach will do much for mineral deposits if that is the problem. Do some research on the subject, my thought is that white vinegar might work. Dirt on the outside of the tank needs to be removed as well.