cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge warming up overnight

MalibuDave42
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic DMR702. No error codes. On shore power or propane, fridge\freezer cools down. Seems to work great during the day. Temps 34'ish and -2.5'ish, right on target. Overnight, the temps go up a bit.. 42-45, 8-10. As the day warms up, the fridge gets going to bring the temps back down.

- I did the "unplug from controller board, 120v directly plug in the AC heater" test - brought the temp right in line.
- I replaced the tank pigtails and the switching propane regulator (it was not putting out enough propane to support all devices). Tests out fine now.
- I replaced the igniter\thermocouple.. was time to replace it.
- The flame is a nice blue quarter sized -- looks great.

It seems something is telling the controller, the temp is good. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
That model does not have 'defrost' mode
That model is equipped with an automatic Low Ambient Control (LAC) function
*turns food compartment light ON when ambient air temps drop below 50*F ---- no on/off switch (light causes a heat load so thermostat calls for longer heat cycles/colder temps
That model only has 3 temp setting.....narrow range control

You have proven cooling unit functions properly (Direct wiring of element)

SO......
Unplug the thermistor leads from lower circuit board (P2 connector at J3 --- S/B white leads)
Run fridge overnight w/o thermistor sensing and fridge temps should go down and stay down
If they do replace the thermistor

Snip-The-Tip Rheostat thermistor replacement
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be related to the auto defrost setting?
Do you have a little thermometer in there tracking temps? The graph could tell you a lot about how often and how long the cooling cycles last.

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Did you uplug the thermocouple to see if the fridge goes into the emergency cooling mode?
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU