cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen TV issues

dwolach
Explorer
Explorer
I have to reprogram the channels every morning and again at night if the TV has been off for awhile. The TV is a 40 inch Jensen in a 2012 cedar creek which was purchased used.
2 REPLIES 2

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB โ€” this is a television, not a (car) radio, though the concept is similar. I doubt the television has a separate memory power lead, though.

If the television is AC powered (rather than DC powered), you may be out of luck unless you put in an inverter just to keep the channel memory active. If it has a separate power supply brick, check the output voltage of the power supply; many are 12V and in that case you can just wire the television directly to the camper's 12V system and get rid of the power brick altogether.

If it has a battery back up for the clock etc., make sure the battery is fresh. I don't think many televisions have such a back up, although the little under counter one mounted in my motorhome by the previous owner does so at least a few do.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have to break the wiring on the JENSEN RADIO so that one 12VDC lead goes to the 12VDc normally and the IGNITION KEY 12VDC lead goes to a separate ON-OFF switch. This duplicates what happens in automobile setup.

You can just see the added ON-OFF rocker switch in this photo of my JENSEN Radio labeled RADIO

What is happening is both those 12VDC leads are wired to the 12VDC and when you turn off the radio it loses it settings.

I leave my JENSEN turned "ON" all the time with the RADIO ON-OFF push button after we get setup at the camp ground and then use my separate wired "IGNITION KEY" SWITCH to turn the radio ON or OFF. This saves my pre-sets.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS