cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling jacks

grannyg
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2002 kountry star with hwh leveling jacks. jacks will go down but not hard enough to level motorhome. anyone ever have this problem?
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The jack pump runs at 3000 PSI. IF the pump is NOT producing 3000 psi, the jacks will extend but not have the pressure to lift the RV. You need to have a Pressure test of the pump. IF the Jack solenoids(there are 4, one for each jack) are manually left OPEN and not closed, the jacks will extend to the ground but not be able to lift the RV. These solenoids have "T" handles and must be manually turned 3 or 4 turns, to release. Do you know if this has been done? How long have you owned the unit? Doug

PS, There is NO filter and no limit switch.

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
First , I do not have one of these units. I may have an answer. Depending on HOW long ago it has been since you last used the unit, the seals may be dry, and running the pads up and down several times ( you may have tried this) may help.

The oil may be very low, or the pump its self may be too old to work properly. BUT a 2002 should not have that much of a problem.

Hydraulics always have a filter in the line some where. It may be plugged? or the small limit switch is out of place.

I would suggest if not already done , change the oil and the filter, in that you will also have to drain the cylinders to do it properly. Then re-fill and bleed the system to get the air out ,, THAT may be the problem also . It may just need the system to be "bled" or the air removed. Something similar to the car brakes if they don't work properly.
That is all I can think of
Good luck
Chuck