cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mopeka Tank Check

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
a couple years ago I purchased the Mopeka tank check system. I had the one with the inside monitor. It has worked fine until I replaced the batteries. Now tank 1 shows full and tank 2 shows empty and both tanks have been recently filled. When the Gateway became available I ordered one. Now the phone app shows both tanks empty.....I have done a couple of things that the trouble shooting hints said to do to no avail.....My friend bought his the same time I did mine and got so frustrated with his that he threw his in the trash. I do not want to go to that extreme.
I have emailed the company a couple of times but their suggestions do not help either....
20 REPLIES 20

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Devocamper wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I removed my sensors, took the system off, and an done trying to figure mine out..

They worked the first year, sketchy the 2nd year, and mostly not at all the 3rd..

X2
removed it , the phone app worked ok but the rubber feet they give you got compressed and crushed one of the sensors, I had the phone app which worked much better than the remote monitor, nice idea but need some refinement to be a quality product. Have one sensor left and one crushed one . purchased the levelcheck truma level checker , pricy but has worked great and is accurate, and is not subject to the jarring and bouncing over the road when traveling
Mike

They upgraded to metal feet. Call them and they will send you some for free.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also added the Mopeka tank halos on mine. Like them as well.
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I removed my sensors, took the system off, and an done trying to figure mine out..

They worked the first year, sketchy the 2nd year, and mostly not at all the 3rd..

X2
removed it , the phone app worked ok but the rubber feet they give you got compressed and crushed one of the sensors, I had the phone app which worked much better than the remote monitor, nice idea but need some refinement to be a quality product. Have one sensor left and one crushed one . purchased the levelcheck truma level checker , pricy but has worked great and is accurate, and is not subject to the jarring and bouncing over the road when traveling
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
01tundra wrote:
2Rad4U wrote:
I haven't had a problem with mine. Any time I refill a tank, I use this procedure.

- clean bottom of tank with paper towel
- clean sensor
- apply pea sized amount of dielectric grease to sensor
- stick on tank

It will take a little while to read the new tank as full. I usually verify it later that day or the next day.

I only use the phone app to check mine. Really nice to be able to get tank levels without touching the tanks.

I do the same thing on both of our tanks and have never had any issues with the app or indoor monitor. And I have also found that they are very accurate by comparing the measured level to the amount it takes to top the tanks back off.

x2 on this. almost 2 years using on my 2 tanks. based on refill amounts the sensors seems to accurate.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
OH Boy my monitor says both tanks full, one of the sensors is not even on the tank and is is in the house. My phone app says both tanks empty I think my whole system is toast.....

01tundra
Explorer
Explorer
2Rad4U wrote:
I haven't had a problem with mine. Any time I refill a tank, I use this procedure.

- clean bottom of tank with paper towel
- clean sensor
- apply pea sized amount of dielectric grease to sensor
- stick on tank

It will take a little while to read the new tank as full. I usually verify it later that day or the next day.

I only use the phone app to check mine. Really nice to be able to get tank levels without touching the tanks.

I do the same thing on both of our tanks and have never had any issues with the app or indoor monitor. And I have also found that they are very accurate by comparing the measured level to the amount it takes to top the tanks back off.
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
golf_bears wrote:
Had similar problem. Called the CO. and they suggested the "dielectric grease" fix. It worked great.

I called the company and they were puzzled as to why one of my sensors tells the monitor that the tank is full but tells my phone app that it is EMPTY, but shows battery is good......they are sending this problem to the design engineer to see if he can figure it out.....

mine has done something similar on more than one occasion where phone and monitor don't match one indicates a fill level, the other empty.

Anywhere from 10-30 minutes later they will finally match

let us know what they find.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, at least they are trying to chase the problem down. Keep us posted once you receive some feedback from them. Never know when one of us may run into the same problem.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
golf_bears wrote:
Had similar problem. Called the CO. and they suggested the "dielectric grease" fix. It worked great.

I called the company and they were puzzled as to why one of my sensors tells the monitor that the tank is full but tells my phone app that it is EMPTY, but shows battery is good......they are sending this problem to the design engineer to see if he can figure it out.....

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the wires break on my sensor (3 yers old) and ordered a replacement. It came with the dielectric grease which my first ones did not. I applied a pea size amount on the sensor and synced it to the app and got a reading within minutes. I have since put the grease on the other sensor. All is good with both. I have also added the halo ring and much better.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Second the comment on dielectric grease, works on mine...wish I didn’t need to bother with it but even with that hassle I’m happy to easily see the tank levels.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
I'm going to try the dielectric grease. If that doesn't work they are going into the garbage can. Neat idea, but I never could get mine to work consistently.

Don't trash em, send them to me! JK

The grease works.
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to try the dielectric grease. If that doesn't work they are going into the garbage can. Neat idea, but I never could get mine to work consistently.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!