cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need advice on accessing engine - 2005 Horizon 40AD

genemcdole
Explorer
Explorer
Hello folks, I searched for this topic and did not see it anywhere but do apologize it has been discussed before. I have some wiring to do that requires I find a source of power on only when the key is in the on position. This power will only be used as a signal source to a new relay I am installing in the electrical bay of my 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD. As the electrical bay is right beside the engine on this rig, I figured I could find a close easy source there with the engine. Problem is, the only access hatch I have ever opened before is the small one in the closet and that does not expose enough of the engine compartment to do what I need to do. Does anyone know how to get to and open the larger access panel under the raised carpeted area between the closet and the bed? From the bottom side, I can see it is held down with screws the same as the smaller panel that I already have open, but I can't figure out how to remove the carpeted step covering it. Thanks in advance! Gene in Arizona.
3 REPLIES 3

hughesjm21
Explorer
Explorer
You could try small magnet to find screw heads. It worked for me once.

genemcdole
Explorer
Explorer
Flute Man wrote:
Mine has screws in the carpeted panel in front of the closet which are extremely hard to find.

The extremely hard to find part I can believe without a doubt. I am still looking but now will concentrate more on the area just in front of the closet and I am assuming above the carpeted step? Thanks for the input!

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has screws in the carpeted panel in front of the closet which are extremely hard to find.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer