cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Gear Leveling Jack Motor

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
I got the new motor that came with the bearing attached, it has what seems to be a plastic bracket that is held on by the bolts that you bolt the motor on to the pump assembly. It came that way in the box. What I like to know is, is that plastic bracket just for shipping or does it stay on? Another Question? When you remove the Hydraulic fluid tank is there a long hose that goes into it from the pump ? Another Question? After the motor and tank are removed, if I used Naval Jelly to get the rust off of the pump assembly and washed it off with water would that cause any damage ? Thanks
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer
5 REPLIES 5

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I got the bearing to turn freely by saturating with penetrating oil. Since it turns so well, I'm thinking of putting some bearing lube on and put on the new motor and save the new bearing. I guess I could wait until i get my new shaft seals and knock out the old bearing and put the new one on with the new shaft seals. What do you think?
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
The plastic bracket is for shipping to prevent the armature housing from coming apart. The motor is attached from the TOP as you see it. There is no reason to remove the reservoir or anything else. Doug
Thanks. The reason I took the reservoir off was to get to the rusted bearing ,thats how the tech. from Power Gear suggested i do it, from the bottom. Problem is, I'm not having much luck. Maybe you could answer this for me? How in the world, do I get that darn thing out? From the bottom looking up, the hole where the pump rod goes, is only about the size of my little finger. I'm getting way to old for this!!!
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'm one more step closer to fixing the leveling system. I'm a lot farther then I thought I would be, I got the motor off, the fluid drained, the tank off, and the pump with the rod that fits into the bearing from underneath. The only thing now, how do I knock the bearing out from underneath as instructed from Power Gear. There isn't any thing to get a bite on with a punch as he told me to do. There is just a small hole where the pump rod went through and connected to the bearing. Shoot! I guess I'll call them Monday. Man I'm not as handy as some of you, but when I get this done I'm going to post a step by step instructions so anyone will be able to do this! I'm open for any tips.
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oil and water do not mingle. Do not use water based cleaners. Instead use a petroleum based cleaner.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The plastic bracket is for shipping to prevent the armature housing from coming apart. The motor is attached from the TOP as you see it. There is no reason to remove the reservoir or anything else. Doug