Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

POWER PANEL went blank. Generator the same

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Please HELP.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 38K. Pulled into campground with Generator running fine for 4 hours traveling. Using A/C along the way. Basement Air. Plugged in 50 amp and my Progressive Industries unit showed the L1 and L2 were good, CLICKED and let power into coach. Panel with A/C, furnace controls, Water Pump, Gen start, Hours meter, battery specs HOUSE and ENGINE, Tank gauges ect. Lights were lit up and I set the a/c. 2 minutes later NO AC and the entire panel was dark. Went to start Generator and NOTHING. NO light, no turning over. Checked interior pop out breakers... FINE, Checked power panel circuit breakers for A/c 20 amp or any breakers tripped...FINE. Checked breaker on Xantrex Charger Iverter...FINE. I have 50 amp plugged in and have the following.
Wall outlets working
Refrig, mocrowave and hotwater working
NO ceiling lights.
NO A/C or Heater.
It's Easter weekend and my wife is sick with me. In N. Oklahoma and nights are 30s.
Trying for Carthage, MO and Colaw RV Salvage for tomorrow.

ANY FUSES, BREAKERS SWTCHES I missed???

Thank you in advance
Happy Easter. Stay safe all.
Bob Wernimont
9 REPLIES 9

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Camper8251 wrote:
Have you Checked your battery connections and Batteries?

that and check the CB's ON the converter/charger.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
OP has gone AWOL. Methinks something rang a bell. (salesman switch?)
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wonder if your battery died/shorted and took out the reverse polarity fuses in the converter.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Everything that's not working requires DC. Time to break out your voltmeter and start checking for DC. Use FRAME Ground and not some ground wire as it might be bad. Connections, main DC breaker, salesman switch/relay, etc all the way from the battery to the light circuit should revel the problem.

It's not the the PI or ATS as you have AC power, can't even start the gen which also requires 12V DC.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Camper8251 wrote:

Good point.
If/when you check the cables, tug them a little to make sure they aren't corroded inside the lugs. I had that problem about 10 years back on another mh. Cables looked fine until one pulled out of the lug at the battery terminal post while I was troubleshooting.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
The generator itself has a breaker, but it won't prevent 12v from reaching the coach. Do you have a salesman switch? Everything you mentioned requires 12v to the control boards to operate, so it seems it could be a 12v issue.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
First thought was ATS.
Is the coach battery "salesman switch" enabled? It powers the displays in my coach, as well as the rest of the stuff you said is dead.
Sounds like you've checked all the other stuff.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you stop generator for 3 minutes before plugging in? IF not you may have fried your auto transfer switch

Do you have a Surger Guard or other Energy Manager My first Surge Guard failed after many years. (It was a portable so bypassing was no problem)

YOu said the power panel is dead.. IS this a 120 volt panel and what does it NORMALLY show.

12 volt system is also needed for many things including most A/C's may be needed for the display on the power panel (I do not knwo.. is not on my 120 volt panel but is for everythign else)

Hands on trackign it down is easy but remotely I got to rely on your eyes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times