cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Mirror Unavailable Glass Replaceable?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's an inside mirror one of those flippable jobs for night dimming of headlights. It has a silver dollar size black tarnish in the center. Car is small replacement mirrors are way too wide and block sun visor use.

THANKS
12 REPLIES 12

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glass is replacable but I'm mot sure where you are going to find that kind of glass. Visit automotive glass shops near you and chat with them. You may have to buy a bigger replacent and they can cut it down for you.

Might be cheaper to use Junk Yard Dog (dot com if it still works) to find an OEM replacement.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
8" mirror ordered. Thanks folks!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't go that far but between the salt air and not-exactly-honest crowd you're Carching on. And if a traffic cop's eyeballs go Ka Ching expect a chat.

The car smogs in the center of all emission bands and gets 24 mpg. It'll also freeze your brass coconuts off on a 99 - 99% day. I get avoided on city streets and develop 1ยฝ spaces when I park. Gotta use your head down here.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not really about keeping up with the "Joneses", more like lackluster design, poor quality materials, no build quality and total abandonment of the product once it was sold to the public..

But, like you said, in a area not known for "crimeless" streets, you CAN leave the keys in the ignition and a full tank of gas and a good bet even the most desperate low life would pass it up and prefer to walk..

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Well a newer prettier car would not be parked outside for long. Driving this critter I am theft and crooked cop resistant. Smarter people would drive something they would possess only for a short while. The highly insured rural car owner gets into a serious accident then flees on foot. I have seen dealer bodyshop repairs to severely damaged new cars paid for by collision coverage and useless debris covered fancy new cars waiting months for forever backordered parts. So as I turn a a key and drive off I do not fetter myself with thoughts of keeping up with the Joneses.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
My hassle is a Mexican ISP. It limits searches. Since it is a 200+ mile recross borders excursion I have to make it right the first purchase. I'll order now thanks to you folks helping. My main excuse for rebuilding the car is no thief in their right mind would be caught dead in it

Yeah, I think even Chrysler/Dodge folks that designed it as a joke was laughing all the way to the bank at the potential buyers that they were pitching that pile of junk to.. Count yourself lucky that you just need a rearview mirror..

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
My hassle is a Mexican ISP. It limits searches. Since it is a 200+ mile recross borders excursion I have to make it right the first purchase. I'll order now thanks to you folks helping. My main excuse for rebuilding the car is no thief in their right mind would be caught dead in it

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suspect it is the typical universal mirror mount on the glass which was used by most vehicle manufacturers back then.

THIS website shows that a CIPA PN 31000 8" for $14 should work with your Spirit. I know nothing about this website, just came up in a search and that price seems too good to be true lower than most places.

Amazon shows that mirror selling for $20 HERE at least with Amazon you can often return stuff with very little hassle if it doesn't fit or work.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is the mirror one of those that is held on by a small hex head screw in the mount? If so maybe take it off and walk the junkyards looking for a similar shaped mirror that you can slide on and tighten down. It might not be a perfect fit, but as long as it doesn't wobble it should work.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
1995 Dodge Spirit

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
What is the vehicle?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
8" Day/Night rearview mirror