cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Coleman thermostat

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
I apologize if this has been answered before but I can't find the answer. I'm looking to replace the Coleman Mach analog thermostat with a digital unit. I'm looking at the Dometic 3313192.019 so we can have the a.c. fan running with the furnace. Does anybody know if this is compatible? Thanks.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)
11 REPLIES 11

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
rrev wrote:
Any tricks to wiring up the Honeywell thermostat or is it the same as the Coleman one I'm replacing? And just for my knowledge, why wouldn't the Dometic one work?
Dometic uses a digital signal to a relay box specific to Dometic. Just 3 wires to the thermostat and 2 are for 12v power.

It might be possible to adapt the relay box. You would need the wire diagram for both and connect accordingly.

Possibly Coleman has a digital replacement that is compatible? I would look there first.

Here is my Dometic install for comparison: (I have a Dometic A/C)
> Dometic digital thermosta

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I checked on the one recommended and noticed it had a background lighting on the face, For me that was a must after groping around in the dark setting one with no background lighting.

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
Any tricks to wiring up the Honeywell thermostat or is it the same as the Coleman one I'm replacing? And just for my knowledge, why wouldn't the Dometic one work?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Anyone have tips for adding a wall thermostat to a Coleman Mach that just has the red/blue knob directly on the unit... is it possible, like if I open a panel somewhere, there's connections for a wall mount thermostat?

If you mean you have the ceiling mount with the 2 knobs---NO. There is no tstat wiring there and none would have been run by the OEM. To do a Wall tstat, you will have to buy a new ceiling kit and a ceiling control board and the wall tstat and then run the tstat wiring from the roof to the wall. Doug

Bummer... Thanks for the fast reply.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
GordonThree wrote:
Anyone have tips for adding a wall thermostat to a Coleman Mach that just has the red/blue knob directly on the unit... is it possible, like if I open a panel somewhere, there's connections for a wall mount thermostat?

If you mean you have the ceiling mount with the 2 knobs---NO. There is no tstat wiring there and none would have been run by the OEM. To do a Wall tstat, you will have to buy a new ceiling kit and a ceiling control board and the wall tstat and then run the tstat wiring from the roof to the wall. Doug

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You cannot use the Dometic with the RVP Coleman system. You need to look at the Aftermarket one from Lowes. Doug

therink
Explorer
Explorer
gcvt wrote:
therink wrote:
I replaced mine with a digital programmable tstat at Lowes for around $30. I can run furnace and AC fan on manual at the same time. Works great.

Just did the same thing recently and it works perfectly.

Here's the one I installed... http://www.lowes.com/pd_356344-74493-RTHL2310B1008_1z0vjkgZ1z10xtrZ2z8vm__?productId=3464340&pl=1

Same model I have.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

gcvt
Explorer
Explorer
therink wrote:
I replaced mine with a digital programmable tstat at Lowes for around $30. I can run furnace and AC fan on manual at the same time. Works great.

Just did the same thing recently and it works perfectly.

Here's the one I installed... http://www.lowes.com/pd_356344-74493-RTHL2310B1008_1z0vjkgZ1z10xtrZ2z8vm__?productId=3464340&pl=1

2003 Ford E250 Sportsmobile EB10

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
Therink, do know what model it is?

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.