cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sceamig help for my 2000 rexall airbus

road_warriors
Explorer
Explorer
so sorry to everyone who replied and thank you for replying. I did a very poor job in posting my last post. I started with my water heater then jumped off track. I did finally call an R.V. mechanic for the house side of my R.V and after I had changed everything having to do with the heater it turned out to be a corroded wire from the darn propane tank safety valve. Now, the rest of the story. When I began working on the w/h my r.v. would run. Its a 2000 Rexall Airbus with the V-10 Ford engine. Gas type. 36 footer. But for some reason, now it won't start. So I naturally figured that I may have shorted something, fuse, relay, or made a horrible mistake. As it turns out the chassis side is totally different from the house side so it is improbable that my fear most likely is not the cause. Sooooo, I would still appreciate any help or suggestions that any of you may have. Again I am very sorry for my bad attempt to post. I did realize that I gave little info on my r.v. but I didn't know how to go back to my post and correct it. Thanks again
11 REPLIES 11

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Load an app called Blue driver. You purchase the dongle for about $50. FANTASTIC PRODUCT!

Reads more than just the check engine light codes.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

MrWizard
If you don't find it under the dash
Look under/inside the engine cover on the Drivers side
Look forward near the Radiator
That's where they put the old OBD Port on my 97 Bounder
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
OBD-II port is under dash, probable clamped to the right side of the steering column.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

road_warriors
Explorer
Explorer
thank you Matt, I really appreciate it and I will definitely look in the that. Just called the place where the mechanic that worked on it last year, hoping to ask him where the port is and he happens to be off today. Darn the luck. Thanks again

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Code readers and now cheap.

Real cheap gets you one that works with your smart phone. More money gets you one with a read out and a book of what the numbers mean. You can spend a lot more if you chose. They all work the same, they just tell what the ECU says it does not like.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

road_warriors
Explorer
Explorer
great idea. The last time I took it in to have it worked on, thinking it may be a catalytic converter problem, turned out to be the computer, I looked all over for that code reader port and could never find it. Supposed to be somewhere close to the steering column. Never did find it. I do have a "fixit" code reader so I will try7 again to find that port. Will let you know what becomes of this. Thank you Moderator

MrWizard
Borrow or buy. An OBDII code reader
And retrieve the codes from the engine computer
That will give you some clues nto what might be the problem

Like no fuel n pressure, etc..

Post those codes here, and members familiar with that engine can tell you the most likely common cause for that code from their experiences
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

road_warriors
Explorer
Explorer
everything sounds fine. It doesn't sound like a bad starter solenoid, all the dash lights and things that would make you think a bad ground, turns over just fine, strong battery, nothing dims when it's turning over, it just doesn't want to fire. I even tried a small shot of starting fluid, but it has fuel injection so I didn't want to press my luck. I have learned my lesson with that. In a way it sounds like it is not getting fuel, in the other way it sounds like it not firing at all. We have a place where we have it worked on about six miles away, plus towing insurance so I will probably just take it in when the virus thing lightens up. I like to try to fix things myself and learn cause I'm sure it will be a plus when we decide to hit the road. I'd still appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks alot

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
At this point don't worry about trying to correct the old post. But in this new post you can just use the "Reply" button and add more information to help us help you.

What we really need to know is in your words what happens when you try to start the motor home?

When you turn the key do the dash lights come on?

If you turn on the dome light and then turn the key to start does the dome light go out?

When you turn the key to the start position do you hear any noises or clicks?

If you hear a click do you hear a single click or a series of clicks?

Do you hear the engine crank over but it does not start?

Does the engine crank speed sound sufficient to start? Or does the cranking speed seem low?

If you hear any other noises can you try to describe them and when they happen?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds as though you may have another bad wire.....grounding wire. Did that motorhome spend a lot of time near the ocean? I'm asking because salt water does a number on copper and aluminum, including wiring.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Details, we need details. ๐Ÿ™‚

When you say it doesn't run do you mean it won't turn over, it clicks when you try to start it or it does nothing when you try to start it?