Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Some outlets not working

ponytail_mom
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I am preparing for my first road trip in my new (to me) Class A Safari Simba. I am so excited!! I've learned so much including all about my chassis battery, house batteries, and Onan generator!

So everything starts, and runs, all interior lights come on, the fridge, the AC unit both work fine.

But the outlets in the mid part of the RV do not work, including the outlet for the Microwave. The outlets in the front (driver and passenger) and outlet in back bedroom work, but not in the mid section.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot because there is no special,"outlet" section in my book?

Any advice??

Thanks!

Cris
Thanks All!
Cris
=====================================================
I don't even OWN an RV yet...but in training :@ !
Goal for ownership: Spring 2012!
7 REPLIES 7

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
Not that it matters, but I concur with the GFI troubleshoot.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
bamcote wrote:
My bathroom outlet GFI runs the right side of the coach. If I have the coffee maker, toaster and a hairdryer going, it will pop off.

Suggestion don't run the coffee maker, toaster and hairdryer at the same time. :S
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
My bathroom outlet GFI runs the right side of the coach. If I have the coffee maker, toaster and a hairdryer going, it will pop off.
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

ponytail_mom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone!! I had not thought of a GFI circuit!! This is the best forum ever!!

Cris
Thanks All!
Cris
=====================================================
I don't even OWN an RV yet...but in training :@ !
Goal for ownership: Spring 2012!

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
They are most likely on a GFI(ground fault interrupter) circuit. They have a small button in the middle of the outlet that has to be reset. Push the button on all GFI breakers and see if they work. Most likely one of them is outside the MH. Some times they disconnect for no reason and sometimes you have a problem. If they continue to disconnect then you have a short somewhere in that circuit, or a weak breaker. Some times they will not power the micro wave and a coffee maker or other appliances at the same time. I hope this helps.

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an inverter there may be a breaker switch that has popped out. Like bamcote says it could be GFI need reset. Other than that check all breakers and fuses.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Is one of the outlets that is not working a GFI outlet?
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute