cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

White Cap company

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone ever dealt with these folks.. out of Temecula CA? Tried ordering a generator and have zero response from anyone for 5 days.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
12 REPLIES 12

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
They sell retail to the public. Never tried online though.
Geared towards contractor sales as someone else mentioned.
They basically are the "go to" for contractors.
I generally only order on our accounts, but they take credit cards at the counter as well.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
monkey44 wrote:
Maybe not such a great place to do business ...

How safe is Temecula CA?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Temecula is 1 in 41. Based on FBI crime data, Temecula is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, Temecula has a crime rate that is higher than 67% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Crime+Stats+TEmecula+ca&rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS755US755&oq=Crime+Stats+TEme...

Please remember to take ALL your meds in the future...for your own sake and ours! Hahaha
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only way I was able to contact this 'company' was on a FB ad. It only took them 10 days to send me this:

"I apologize for the inconvenience, but the items on your order is (sic) discontinued across the White Cap network. We are working with our data team to remove from the website.

Your web order has been canceled. Your credit card has not been charged. Please allow 48 - 72 hrs for this to reflect on your credit card statement."

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a similar issue on a rv camera. Couldn't get any responses, when I gave them 24 hours to provide tracking info, they shipped out some junk. they attempted to give me the run around on return and refund... but when I started quoting their own return policy, they made one last attempt at rationalizing why they wouldn't refund... cut and paste from their website did the trick, stating even tho I didn't return everything (false), they were issuing the refund

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:
Not sure why you would pick these guys to order a generator from?
I'm sitting in Quartzsite for a while. Needed another gen. Went to Amazon, but they wouldn't ship to the Q. Several suppliers wouldn't. Don't know why. Found a few who would but they were wildly expensive.

Tried to find a 2200 without that CO minder thing. Found one at White Cap. Price reasonable. Store is close to me and they said they could get it here by the 8th. There is nothing on their site that says they only deal with contractors.

The only response I had from them was from a comment I made on an ad they threw up on my FB page. They said "how can we help you?". I replied 'where's my order", and gave them the order number. No response after that.

Weird. Very weird.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure why you would pick these guys to order a generator from? Not the best prices by a long shot. Just like the local lumberyard, they cater to the pros not the homeowners...time is money when you're a contractor, and the easiest way to waste both is on line behind some guy holding a sink trap with no UPC barcode, and neither the cashier nor the customer know what it's called when they get the plumbing guy on the intercom.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Anyone ever dealt with these folks.. out of Temecula CA? Tried ordering a generator and have zero response from anyone for 5 days.

Whitecap is not just out of Temecula.
They are a much bigger company than that. I (as a professional salesperson ) have successfully sold/delt to/with them for years. IMO, they are interested in sales in the 20, 30, 50 +++ thousand dollar range, . . . repeat wholesale market. IMO, . . . that's not you. Please don't take it personally, but, IMO, you could get a better deal at Home Depot or Lowe's. (not here) I don't speak for them. If you have fiends or buddies that work there (you play golf with them or take them out to lunch on a regular basis) you might get a better response.

Chum lee

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Dont freak out like the dude above. It's a chain store. Most are called HD supply now. They definitely sell to the public. Hard to shop there as a nobody because there are no prices on things. Kinda like the opposite of home depot. I'm sure the contractors who go there love that they dont have to wait in line behind homeowners doing diy projects.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Maybe not such a great place to do business ...

How safe is Temecula CA?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Temecula is 1 in 41. Based on FBI crime data, Temecula is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, Temecula has a crime rate that is higher than 67% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Crime+Stats+TEmecula+ca&rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS755US755&oq=Crime+Stats+TEme...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
I'm pretty sure they just sell to commercial accounts (resale).
Then they don't have much of a firewall for retail customers, or any clear instructions to that effect, or any problem taking my money. And I'm finding them virtually impossible to contact.

The CC charge should fall off after 8 days of 'pending'

dedmiston
They're a landscape construction supply company best known for their "Miss White Cap" calendars. I don't know if they still do that or not, but that's the first thing I think of when I hear their name.

They're kind of like Snap-On Tools, but for landscapers.

I don't know that they sell to the public. I'm pretty sure they just sell to commercial accounts (resale).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III