cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Navigator No Brake Fluid at Caliper

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
Hello just got a 07 Navigator with 117k miles that pulled to the right when driving then to the left when brakes applied. I found out that the passenger side caliper pin were frozen and pistons kept brake pads applied.
I had both calipers and pads replaced. Afterwards when driving noticed that the brakes took a second to release when I released the brake pedal was released. With the front on jack and spinning the tires discovered that the drivers caliper was dragging now.
I replaced the drivers caliper again and brake hose and cured the dragging and the slow to release issues.
I had the passenger hose replaced and when it came time to bleed got no brake fluid out of passenger caliper bleed screw so checked the hose fitting and still no fluid then unbolted hose and got no brake fluid out of brake line itself.
Where do I start to look for the blockage?
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851
16 REPLIES 16

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, replace the brake hoses. In addition to normal degradation, hoses can be collapsed by rust where they go thru brackets, especially in salt states. Just think, they spread salt for safety, and destroy your brakes in the process.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Replace the brake hoses they have degraded internally and are blocked. Preferrably replace them with stainless brake lines instead of the rubber. Stainless won't degrade internally over time and provide better braking power,

A real common problem on older vehicles.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB