cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7 way cord Bigfoot-Ford connection question

mnih
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. Been getting connection to camper error messages on my Ford dash, suspect it is the double ended 7 way cord that came with my Bigfoot 10.4. Had Amazon ship me a new cord but it looks different from the original - instead of a single copper blade there two for each pin. It also fits pretty loosely. Question: will it work or are there two types of 7 way connectors? Been searching for a cord that looks more like the original but no luck, everything Iโ€™ve found has the double thingy for the pins.
2019 F-350, XL CC LB 6.2 DRW
2019 Bigfoot 25C10.4
6 REPLIES 6

mnih
Explorer
Explorer
Ha! What we need is a plug that considers itself non-binary. By the way, Iโ€™ve learned a lot from your posts over the years, many thanks.
2019 Bigfoot 25C10.4

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The plug body itself is the "male" but the "male" parts of the actual electrical connections (the "pins") are in the "female" socket on the truck.

So it kinda is a "female cradle for a male plug."

If you really want to get confused look at a 4-pin. There are three males and a female on one half of the connector, and three females and a male on the other. Talk about a gender identity crisis...

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

mnih
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, that double blade had me thinking it was a female cradle for a male plug rather than the reverse, glad to see I can use the cord I bought.
2019 Bigfoot 25C10.4

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've seen it both ways. The cheaper plugs have a single blade. The better plugs have two, and engage the pins in the socket from both sides.

Is that what you're talking about?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
In reading further on your question. For the flat blades yes most cords now have a double copper blade in each hole. That is to help make sure there is a good contact on every pin. I see the double blade as a bonus rather than a detraction.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
The cord is for flat blades. If the camper and truck have flat blades the cord will work fine. If the camper and truck have round pins then you have the wrong replacement cord.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup