Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

TC's w/ Fold Out Extra Bed in Cabover

I see that Northstar offers a Fold Out Extra Bed in Cabover option. Do any other manufactures have this option on a hard side TC?http://www.flickr.com/photos/northstartruckcampers/6714912449/in/photostream/Thanks,Jason

clearance lights

tyring to figure out why they don't work. i am getting power to all of the clearance lights but the bulbs don't light up, all wiring seems to be correct as i am getting power. any help with why the lights don't shine? my brake lights work fine and al...

Going to look at new 1500 crew cabs today

Tired of looking at all the junk around here used. Heck, they want $25k for 75-100k mile later model stuff. I'm seeing Chevys at $31k, Nissan Titans at $28-31k, Fords are 8-12K off. I would have to trade my Mazdaspeed3, which I'll take a few thous...

Stclairm by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Older tow vehicles

I was just curious as to whether many folks use older trucks to tow their rigs. The price of new trucks is far beyond our means. Thus far I have had good results with my older Dodge that I have $8,000 in.

80R100RT by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Layton Skyline #237

hello,kind of new to form.I had a question,how good are layton skyline tt's i have searched and found know one talking about this trailer. Bought it used it is 2012 model #237 dry weight 4200 max weight is 6200. my tv is a 2012 f150 crew cab 5.0 .any...

srg12 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bearing Seals

I'm about to repack the bearings on our Rockwood 8318SS and I have a question.In the past I have just bought new seals locally and they were "matched up" by size at the store.The seals are quite a bit cheaper at etrailer.com and they have standard li...

HDTV antenna anyone???

i tried out an HDTV antenna (boosted) from a tv store and it only got me 4 channels. i started to look into them and found the jack antenna with good reviews. thinking about getting one for my pup.anyone try this product? anyone in general cut int...

tsanjose by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

bronco 800 on 2003 tundra

We will be taking off for an extended road trip in our "home on wheels"in the next few weeks. The question is this: is the Bronco 800 usable OFF the truck, ie, standing on its "legs"? We're wondering if we can establish our camp and then use the truc...

hooksmee by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Mounting a LCD TV on the wall

HelloI have a 2010 Keystone Passport and I was wondering if anyone has mounted a TV on the wall. I would like to mount one on the back wall for the rear bunks. Has anyone done it and how did you find something to screw into?Thanks for the helpIan

ianmac23 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Fun with a truck scale

I bought a truck scale off of eBay.These are frequently advertised as wheel scales, axle scales, wheel weighers, etc. Most of them these days are electronic, but the MD400 is a mechanical one that you see from time to time. I paid less than $200, the...

Fuel Mileage and Edge Insight

I bought a 2005 Dodge Dually Cummins a few months ago and decided I would like some extra gauges as we want to tow with it and I was particularily interested in Trans temp. Anyway after a lot of research and questions I decided to get the Edge Insigh...

freddmc by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a new 4L80E for my '93 3500 dually 7.4

Hi everyone. I have over the last 10 months, spent $7500 in repairs to my tranny. Original fault is loss of reverse after engauging at 50mph - the shift linkage was bodgie and had a broken tranny mount. We hit a bad corrigated surface going around a ...

Lance Wiring Questions

I've tried to join Lance Owners, but while I'm waiting for the email reply to get on their site, I thought I would ask here.I have a 2003 Lance 1030. I'm figuring out how to add a second battery and solar. All Lance's internal wiring to the distribut...