cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carlisle RH

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
I know some of you have been on the fence about these tires so ill post my info. Put almost 1000 miles on them this week from Tampa to Stone Mountain Georgia. Size 205/75/14. Tires performed well and I had no loss of air pressure etc. The hottest ambient temps were on the way home. Temp was around 86 degrees. Tire temps ran around 115-120. All were within a few degrees of each other. I know this is a small sampling but this was my 2nd trip with the tires and so far so good.
3 REPLIES 3

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need more information. What size tire? Do you tow at 65mph or less? Were your Carlisle the old technology bias ply, or the recent upgrade Carlisle Radial Trail RH?

ScottG wrote:
That's what I thought too. I had to experience the poor quality first hand to believe it. Fortunately the damage was only $200 - not bad for a lesson learned.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Well that is good to hear, but I wouldn’t buy any tire expecting them to fail…

I have put more miles than that on one way trips, several times a year from PA to SW FL and back on the old Carlisle radial tires and not a single tire failure to report…
the Carlisle tires on my utility trailer are somewhere between 6 to 8 years old… they have fewer low speed miles but are often pretty well overloaded…

there is a problem though that can not be denied, I could experience it at any time, but it’s not now or has it ever been was bad as it gets played out here…

I am glad to see Carlisle incorporate the new to them technology that had been known industry wide since the mid 70’s…
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That's what I thought too. I had to experience the poor quality first hand to believe it. Fortunately the damage was only $200 - not bad for a lesson learned.