cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, my fix was to install lift shocks. I drilled out the rivets holding the original rock guard supports. I bought four 10mm ball studs and four locking nuts. I drilled the original mounting brackets and tapped them to match the threads on the ball studs. I bought two 40lb 20" lift shocks. Now I just unlatch my rock guard holders and lift up and the lift shocks do the rest. So much easier to use now.

๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, covering our front window is what Airstream calls a rock guard. It has two slide mechanisms to hold it in the open position. They slide open as you lift the rock guard and have tiny thumb screws to hold the rock guard in place. These screws tend to slip on one side or the other and was just too much trouble to use, so I just left it in the closed position.

๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, we personalized our trailer several years ago. We decided to have our living room, and kitchen in a French theme. We later did our bedroom in an Asian theme. But what could we do to our bathroom? Well, I wall papered it with some pictures from some of our trips taken with our trailer.

๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

BritRam
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone done the Swivell TV mount between the bedroom & living room. Pics & info would be great.
Thanks Col
2009 RAM 1500 SPORT.
2012 DUTCHMEN SPORT 265BHS

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip Penny.....was wondering what to do there.
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Looks very nice but I bet it's a bi*** to clean! We just use a cookie sheet leaning against the wall. Not half as attractive but easier to clean.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

j3d
Explorer
Explorer
backsplash mod. plastic tin-looking panels from the home center. reflects light & keep the spaghetti sauce off the walls! used the leftover piece in the bathroom.

2010 Cadillac Escalade
2011 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
me, DW, DK (dang kids)Justin & Joshua & DD (dang dogs)Bear & Killer

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
This is the DW responding. The support isn't an issue for me; I unlock the top which fits through the opening(placing it upside down on the floor next to me), scooping isn't hindered nor is removing the pan for cleaning & refilling as both pieces separate, each fitting through the upper and lower sections respectively. I was concerned that our cat might not take to the close quarters, but he has been fine with it. One other note; I purchased the puppy training pads to place under the litter box to prevent any possible leaks from reaching the carpet!
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
She's the only cat I know that comes inside to go to the bathroom and then goes out to play again.

I thought our cat was the only cat that did that... so I guess that's two now.. LOL
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like she'd only have to take the lid off and then could slide the pan out.

We have a cat, too, and since the bird cage is sitting on top of the desk, we just put the kitty litter box under the desk and hung a curtain to conceal it.

Our cat loves to be tied outside as soon as we've got the house setup. She's the only cat I know that comes inside to go to the bathroom and then goes out to play again.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Winged One wrote:
My wife is a huge cat fan.

So far the wife and the cat are happy.

It looks like it would be difficult to remove that cat litterpan to scoop-the-clumps out of it. Does that horizontal support thing come out to make it easier? How does she clean it every day?
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M_A_S_H
Explorer
Explorer
Added some rails to the bunks... and they are easily removable for getting in and out. The fabric is all being changed out to match the red / white / brown so they will match better as we finish up.

2003 Excursion 6.0
2010 Passport 290bh

Capt_RonB
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a couple of simple mods for cranking the stabilizer jacks.

I just cut the crank off and welded on a nut. Actually I used a lug nut that uses the same 3/4" socket that my wheels use. Then I use my 18v impact driver to power drive it. I did the same for the tongue jack crank ... no more sweating it up and down.

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer

This photo shows three mods: (1) a magazine rack on the side wall, (2) Throw pillow on the sofa made by my wife, and (3) bamboo placemat cut to fit behind the glass cupboard door so all the clutter inside does not show.

This photo shows a close up of the magazine rack. The back and sides are made from 1/4" luan plywood, the front from 1/2" plywood and 1/4" dowels. All these materials were scraps from other projects so it's what I call a "bonus project" That is totally free.

anealysr
Explorer
Explorer
campguy3040 wrote:
Thanks jyh818, I had fun putting together the album. I too used the drill before too, but these are really nice. Besides, they were another project for me (which I enjoy this time of year).

I use a 24 volt impact gun. It will do anything you need plus if you have a flat you got a lug wrench.