cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

revrnd
Explorer
Explorer
jiga20001 wrote:

Little soap / Shampoo corner rack. Also shower curtain rod works well for drying things:

Jeff

Did you buy it or "build" the corner rack? The reason I ask it that the 2 "indentations" in the shower of my TT probably won't hold a shampoo bottle (let alone a trial size) nor a bar of soap.
1986 Monte Carlo SS
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD (P3 controller, Husky WD hitch)
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini Lite

Retired GM of Canada Oshawa Truck Assembly Plant
Opened 1965 Closed 2009

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
NWDave44 wrote:
This has been a long journey through all 98 pages. I have more than that in cut and paste mods in word. Irony is that I pick up my brand new TT on Tuesday. Had the twin 6v batteries as the first mod as part of the purchase. Now....... the real fun begins.. All I can say is thanks to all the submitters for some absolutely great suggestions. Just have to keep the list hidden from SWMBO or I'll never get them done (re-prioritization problem, don't you know).

Hi David and welcome to "Club Mod"!

Please post some pics when you make that other big mod - hooking your new TT to the TV for the first time. You will never look at your ride without thinking about it being "hooked up" again.
:B :B

The pages of mods you find here are a great place to start and the "List" is as varied as the RVers who chase the perfectly tricked out rig. From hitch to bumper and from antenna to stab jacks if it can be put onto (or taken off of) a RV, one of our members is taking a swing at doing it.

Have Fun,
Larry
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

We never turn a corner without wondering in amazement at God's creation!

NWDave44
Explorer
Explorer
This has been a long journey through all 98 pages. I have more than that in cut and paste mods in word. Irony is that I pick up my brand new TT on Tuesday. Had the twin 6v batteries as the first mod as part of the purchase. Now....... the real fun begins.. All I can say is thanks to all the submitters for some absolutely great suggestions. Just have to keep the list hidden from SWMBO or I'll never get them done (re-prioritization problem, don't you know).
Dodge 2001.5 CTD Juiced enough. Auto by DTT.
Keystone 2010 Springdale 266RL-SSR
Retired USAF MSgt 1987.
PcA Survivor 4 Jan 1999.
Retired IBEW Inside Wireman 1 Apr 2010.
SWMBO (Kathy) Retired 1 Apr 2010.
Hitting the road: 2 adults, 2 cats.:B

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
everymilesamemory wrote:
larry_kruzan wrote:
everymilesamemory wrote:
Our most recent addition was a Wind Turbine to help keep the batteries charged

Larry, we were overweight the day we left Michigan 4 years ago...LOL

As for the camper, we have the tires over rated from their original, and the axles re-inforced too. That's because we cracked them once already:E

Its funny just how fast weight happens!

Sorry to hear about the cracked axles - wow, that must have been a real pain to full timers like you guys. As the DW and I move closer to being full timers, stories like that cause us to really wonder if its the right move.

I don't know if we will ever become compleatly full time but we have been on the road for 7 weeks on this run and will be heading home in the morning. 4000 miles so far and 2000 more to home. Plan to be home on the 20th or so. Got to go back and work a little while.

All the best my friend!
Larry
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
larry_kruzan wrote:
everymilesamemory wrote:

Hey Pat!

With all the cool mods you have on your rig, you are going to be overweight soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Then where are you going to put your tennis shoes????? :B :B

All the best,
Larry

Larry, we were overweight the day we left Michigan 4 years ago...LOL

As for the camper, we have the tires over rated from their original, and the axles re-inforced too. That's because we cracked them once already:E
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
everymilesamemory wrote:

Hey Pat!

With all the cool mods you have on your rig, you are going to be overweight soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Then where are you going to put your tennis shoes????? :B :B

All the best,
Larry
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
Now that is COOL!
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer

You can read more about it HERE
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

OK Guys, I have cleaned up the thread in regards to the propane tank covers... Let's not get into this kind of thing again... This a great 98 page thread and I would hate to lock it down or delete it...

Let's all just be nice and keep the good information coming... To those who apologized for some of remarks, thanks, I appreciate that...

Moderator - TT Forum

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
welsteach wrote:
My newest "mod" is a Nook from Barnes and Noble. It is an e-reader. Keeps my husband from complaining about the weight of all those books, is neat, easy to recharge in a short amount of time, and has internet and email connections via 3G. Saves at least 10 pounds in paperbacks alone. Now if I can just get the Milepost via ebook we are set!
Seriously, I am an avid reader, and this saves a lot of space and weight. I wasn't as pleased with reading on my ipod touch. This has a bigger screen and is easier on my old eyes. I look forward to many hours of reading under the awning while cooking in the Dutch oven. If it ever gets warm enough!

Awesome, sounds like a winner.
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
My newest "mod" is a Nook from Barnes and Noble. It is an e-reader. Keeps my husband from complaining about the weight of all those books, is neat, easy to recharge in a short amount of time, and has internet and email connections via 3G. Saves at least 10 pounds in paperbacks alone. Now if I can just get the Milepost via ebook we are set!
Seriously, I am an avid reader, and this saves a lot of space and weight. I wasn't as pleased with reading on my ipod touch. This has a bigger screen and is easier on my old eyes. I look forward to many hours of reading under the awning while cooking in the Dutch oven. If it ever gets warm enough!

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
The covers aren't to protect from heat. They're to be aesthetically pleasing and to protect tanks (especially valves) from damage. The ones without covers are just white tanks. So, why not paint it silver?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

sdavis622
Explorer
Explorer
HedoTravelers wrote:
I thought they were white to help reduce heat buildup from the sun.
They do look nice though.

Awe nuts! I never thought of that! Good thing I did post it. Its broken anyways, well, rivets pulled out. I was going to order a new one but thought I'd try painting and fixing it first. I was seriously puzzled that I could find NO colored ones online! No wonder. Thanks for all the responses and advice! I guess I will order a new one. Maybe I'll continue to use this one and keep an eye on it. How hot is too hot for a tank, I see some trailers without any covers at all.

Thanks again for the advice. Man I loved the look too!
2020 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
2020 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Traded in TT on 32'A but can't leave this thread. First Mod: bath door opens into hall and door stop worked with 1.5 inches before door knob would have touched wall. Cut off some of door stop and now 1/8" or less space between doorknob and wall. Gained almost two inches of hall walkthru space. Cost $0.00, time 5 minutes.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

dougwhite
Explorer
Explorer
Cyndi H wrote:
Let me change the subject here. This is what I did with one of those cutting board/stove covers - I wanted a knife rack, but didn't want to drill into the wall. When I'm cooking, the board and knives are at the back of the stove, and serve as an easy-to-clean backsplash.

Very cool, but this would never work with my DW.....too many weapon choices close at hand.....
Doug & Gail
Sebastion (Yorkie on steroids)
Prissy (Diva Yorkie-Pekingeese mix)
Midland, TX

HOOK 'EM HORNS!