cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette Cabinet Door for storage

mfifield01
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure why, but my dinette doesn't have door access to the storage. You can pull the seat cushion up to gain access, but the side storage is much better. Has anyone added a door? If so, where did you get the panel?
TT - 2015 Keystone Passport 2810BH

TV - 2013 RAM Lone Star Crew 6'4" 1500 5.7L Hemi 8-Speed (3.92) 4x4 with Factory Air Suspension
20 REPLIES 20

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Forty years ago when my father did the same thing he made his own doors and finished them to go with what was there.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
My dealer took 6 months to do warranty work and install an add-a-room I purchased with the trailer. The warranty work was so crappy I contacted the manufacturer and made an appointment to drop it off. When I picked it up I asked about purchasing some cabinet doors, hinges, screws, pex tubing (for plumbing mods) & matching paneling (to make shelves for the cabinets that were 18 inches inside). I picked out the cabinet doors and they brought out everything else to the trailer and loaded the paneling. When I asked how much they said no charge. The larger cabinet doors I picked out were a perfect fit for the dinette seat ends.

mfifield01
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
mfifield01 wrote:
If so, where did you get the panel?

Your most obvious source is your trailer manufacturer, the sooner the better as interior decor changes frequently. Measure for the size you need, check out a few lot models at your local dealer for the door you need, then have them order it as a replacement part. I've done this with every trailer we've owned, in the case of our current rig adding cabinet doors to the end of the bed platform.

I should have looked through your gallery earlier. You have done a lot of things I plan to do. I just ordered a Blue Sea mini switch for battery/batteries.
TT - 2015 Keystone Passport 2810BH

TV - 2013 RAM Lone Star Crew 6'4" 1500 5.7L Hemi 8-Speed (3.92) 4x4 with Factory Air Suspension

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a salvage/surplus yard and found two cabinet doors of the correct size. Built the drawers and cut out the panel with a flush cut cabinet makers saw. Easy as pie, no fuss no muss.

Photos on request.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I saw somewhere (probably on here or in Trailer Life Magazine, where the owner cut out the opening using drill and fine saw, then mounted the panel they cut out into a wood picture frame. They added some 1x2 supports inside the storage area. The wood frame made the door look like a panel door and was something sturdier that you could hinge to opening (with 1x2) backing using wood screws. I was planning to do that to my Mom's class C, but she decided to sell before I got it done.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
mfifield01 wrote:
If so, where did you get the panel?

Your most obvious source is your trailer manufacturer, the sooner the better as interior decor changes frequently. Measure for the size you need, check out a few lot models at your local dealer for the door you need, then have them order it as a replacement part. I've done this with every trailer we've owned, in the case of our current rig adding cabinet doors to the end of the bed platform.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380