cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dining table conversion to bed...help

mleubanks1964
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a 2002 Jayco Eagle and wondered how you convert the dining table into a bed. It has 2 support poles that appear to lower the tabletop, but have no clue how to do this.
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, that is correct.
The poles are a pressure fit so can be a bit snug. Pulling the table top off is quite easy, grab the edge and lift firmly.

When you pull the poles out, grasp them firmly and pull while rocking from side to side a little bit - couple inches each way. They will come out.

I stow mine under the unit once turned into a bed too.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Farm Camp wrote:
Hopefully I remember this right. If not somebody will correct me:

The tabletop should pop up off of the supports. Then the support poles should pop up out of their holders that are bolte/screwed to the floor. Basically it just comes apart. Should be easy. Then the table top is laid down between the two bench seats. There should be a cleat or small board on the front of each bench set that the table top will rest on.

Then you use the bench seat back cushions to lay on the table top. And presto. You have a bed.

We just stowed the support poles under the table top once we had it lowered into position.

I Agree, This is the way I believe you do it.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

rbrumm
Explorer
Explorer
The poles should just pull out of the floor and the bottom of the table. Table top should then rest on the ledges on the front of each bench seat.
2011 Ram Outdoorsman
2014 Rockwood 2909SS Emerald Package

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully I remember this right. If not somebody will correct me:

The tabletop should pop up off of the supports. Then the support poles should pop up out of their holders that are bolted/screwed to the floor. Basically it just comes apart. Should be easy. Then the table top is laid down between the two bench seats bridging the gap between the two seats. There should be a cleat or small board on the front of each bench seat that the table top will rest on.

Then you use the bench seat back cushions to lay on the table top. And presto. You have a bed.

We stowed the support poles under the table top once we had it lowered into position.

(Edits to fix my horrible typing)

(Edit again). Sorry. Should have said: Welcome!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped