cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Du-Ha container for under seat

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
So had been looking around and found this under seat storage, so I bought one and I must say I like it, it is a good idea for that space under the seat that I always crammed my stuff under.
I will post pictures of it from the add and the last one I hope will be of mine in place.

15 REPLIES 15

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
It looks great! I went looking for one but they don't make them for the Megacab.....:(
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
My F250 had a du-ha under the seat when I bought it used. I really like it.
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
partsman01 wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
I have the Husky storage in my F150 Supercrew and agree it's a nice addition. I'm not sure what is meant by some of the comments regarding it not being deep enough. It goes from the floor to the seat, I'm not sure how it can be any deeper.

My point was I only had been able to find pictures of the two companies products and the Husky in the picture I saw did not look as deep in the centre where it went over the hump, so went with the du-ha as it looked like it had more space if you had to cross over the hump with a long item.
So if I can ever see a Husky in person I would be able to measure it and compare.

That is my point also. The bottom of my Husky matches the contour of the floor and can only go as high as the seat bottom. In the OP's pics the distance between his seat bottom and floor is greater.

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, I love mine in DD's Denali. Lots of storage space, and the tan perfectly matched the interior seats/carpeting.
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
I have the Husky storage in my F150 Supercrew and agree it's a nice addition. I'm not sure what is meant by some of the comments regarding it not being deep enough. It goes from the floor to the seat, I'm not sure how it can be any deeper.

My point was I only had been able to find pictures of the two companies products and the Husky in the picture I saw did not look as deep in the centre where it went over the hump, so went with the du-ha as it looked like it had more space if you had to cross over the hump with a long item.
So if I can ever see a Husky in person I would be able to measure it and compare.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
they are nice. had one in my 04.5 duramax crew cab, and have one in my 2015.5 denali crew cab duramax.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Under the rear seat of my truck is an OEM storage and folding platform

Nice place to store items out of the way

Like the looks of that Du-Ha rear storage box

Added a 'console vault/safe/ to lower compartment under front center console/seat (consolevault.com)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
I found a used one on Craigslist. Didn't even know I needed one until I saw it! Works and looks great! Got lucky and paid $50 for it.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i put a Du-Ha in my F150 Crew Cab. it is GREAT! much deeper than the Husky, so it holds more.

i love it and glad i chose it over the Husky.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Some law enforcement officers might consider those firearms reachable from the driver’s seat. A no no in California. Otherwise tubs look great.

*The DU-HA acts as a legal gun case in 48 states. Click here for more information. Always check with your local authorities for the laws in your area.
The DU-HA acts as a Legal Gun Case in 48 states.
All but four states do not have gun case laws, making the DU-HA a legal gun case for long barrel firearms in almost every state. The 4 states that have gun case laws are Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa & Illinois.
In order to qualify as a legal gun case in most states, underseat DU-HA's need to have the back seat bottoms all the way down and latched. Behind-the-seat models need to have the backs of the back seat all the way up and latched. Regular cab DU-HA's do not qualify as a legal gun case in states with gun case laws, unless guns are first placed in gun sleeves before being placed in the DU-HA. When in doubt, check with your local law enforcement or DNR.

The DU-HA is a legal gun case in Minnesota. The states of Iowa and Illinois are pending approval.

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Husky under seat storage

This is the one I got. It fits snugly against the floor and up to the seat. Couldn't get one with more height. Exact fit for my Chevy. Looks like your truck has taller space under the seat than mine. I keep extra ratchet straps, axle straps, trailer hitches for other trailers, 12V work light, tools, remote control cable for tailgate lift and whatever else I have room for.

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
George3037 wrote:
Very nice.
I bought the Husky brand under seat storage unit for mine a couple years ago. Great to have a place to store things.

I only saw these online and the husky picture looked like it might not have had the same depth in the middle as the du-ha, although it would have been cheaper I could not tell if it was as spacious or I would have bought it.
But it is nice to not have stuff roaming around.

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice.
I bought the Husky brand under seat storage unit for mine a couple years ago. Great to have a place to store things.