cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gluing Rubber

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
The top rubber strip on my slide, lays over the top of both side rubber strips on my slide out. I noticed that one side is glued and the other is no longer.

It is a simple fix, but what would be the best product to use....is the answer too obvious, Rubber Cement? Or is there something else someone has tried that is better?

Thanks!
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
8 REPLIES 8

skydog_rv8
Explorer
Explorer
Pro-Seal CS3204
This is the messiest stuff on earth, but if you are serious, it will stick forever and it stays flexible.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google for "Vulcanizing cement" - rubber requires a specialty "glue".
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I reattached part of our slide rubber seal. It had some double sided tape that just failed. The 3m super strength auto molding tape as mentioned so far is working. Its pretty awesome stuff.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

MiPaJacks
Explorer
Explorer
Use Amazing Goop it works on everything!

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
3M weatherstrip adhesive , at most automotive stores .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
GOOP makes all sorts of adhesives for automotives uses, including gluing weatherstripping back onto steel
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at PlioBond, it's a water proof adhesive that stays flexible in all weather.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This product is what I've used on my slide seals to secure them to the wall. Not sure if that's what you're after.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman