cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hybrid + Fishing Bridge Campground Yellowstone

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
I was reading that soft sided campers are not allowed in the Fishing Bridge campground at Yellowstone NP.

We are planning on bringing our hybrid camper, but leaving the beds up (Turtle).

We don't want no bears in the camper :B.

Has any one else camped at Fishing Bridge in a hybrid?

Has anyone been turned away when camping in a hybrid?

Thanks for the input!
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch
11 REPLIES 11

BigSkyTrailer_G
Explorer
Explorer
If they turn you away at the main gate in West Yellowstone, you've saved a lot of money, and there are many more wonderful places to camp minutes from there; Coffee Pot CG in Island Park, Red Cliff a few miles north of W. Yellowstone, Hebgen and Henry's lake, and Wade Lake, for some real fishing. I've lived near Yellowstone for 22 years now, and have never camped in there due to the crowds.... of bureaucratic automaton rangers. Make Yellowstone a day trip from your "better" campground elsewhere.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you will get into Fishing Bridge RV Campground because their rule is "no soft sided campers." It doesn't matter if you keep the soft sides in, it is still a soft sided camper. Even if you call and are told it is okay you will be checking in with someone else who won't allow you in. Why make a long trip only to be turned away. There are great campgrounds in the park who don't have the soft sided restriction. Have a great trip.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
I also think you should make the call but I wouldn't take anyone's word over the phone as gospel, because as others have said, not everyone understands what a hybrid is. You either have a pop up or a travel trailer. If you keep the bunks closed, you are as secure as every other camper. The doors, however, can be ripped open by a bear just as quickly too.
FYI, there are plenty of very scenic campgrounds in the park, just not with full hookups. Take a quiet gennie and hit the sites during the day. The nights are plenty cool.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Simple if you are hard sided then you are not a hybrid while camping at Fishing Bridge. You only become hybrid when you extend the bunks. Go and enjoy

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
When we inquired directly at FB a few years ago, we were told no hybrids, opened or closed.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't stay at FB with our hybrid, because it's a parking lot compared to the other campgrounds in the Park.

But were told that if we turtled, we could've stayed there.

Like you said, many don't even know what a hybrid is.
As long as you don't deploy the tent ends, it will be hard sided.

If you don't have the canvas out, you're not soft-sided.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
I did call the 800 number but the person did not understand the concept of the hybrid camper. She said "as long as it is hard sided".

I was just curious to hear if any one had experience with this at Fishing Bridge.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Your best answer would be to call the campground. I would still be concerned that an OK on the phone could still result in a no when upon arrival.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

Johndanielscpa
Explorer
Explorer
If you leave your ends closed, you would be a hard sided trailer and "should" be fine. You might want to contact the campground to verify and, if necessary, clarify. I had a hybrid, so I understand your situation.

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we will be hard sided all the time.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Hard sided means What? Will you be hard sided? Bears are near and in the CG at times. Good luck.