cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Last minute weekend trip

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
just booked a local provincial park for the weekend. WOOOO HOOOO.

prior to the TT the wife would never have went for it. best thing I've bought in a while.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
11 REPLIES 11

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ GOOD DEAL

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
Golfcart wrote:
I love easy weekenders at the local state parks around here. I can be set up and grilling dinner by 5:30 on friday. And be back home in time for Sunday football

And they always end up being more fun than the planned ones

All my trips are weekenders. I don't get extended vacations.

I agree with Golfcart except, I use local county campgrounds most often and sometimes stay at the park (and sometimes watch football) and then head home Monday morning.

I've got packing up and unpacking down to such a science I can be on the road 15 minutes after I'm home from work on Friday and then bring the TT back home and drop it off 15 minutes before work on Monday.

Nice, I actually keep my camper at my work thanks to a city ordinance that wont let me park it in the driveway at home. Makes it real easy for me to get going on friday after work lol
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jebby14 wrote:
WOOOO HOOOO.

Couldn't have said better myself ๐Ÿ™‚
short trips can often be the best trips .

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Golfcart wrote:
I love easy weekenders at the local state parks around here. I can be set up and grilling dinner by 5:30 on friday. And be back home in time for Sunday football

All my trips are weekenders. I don't get extended vacations.

I agree with Golfcart except, I use local county campgrounds most often and sometimes stay at the park (and sometimes watch football) and then head home Monday morning.

I've got packing up and unpacking down to such a science I can be on the road 15 minutes after I'm home from work on Friday and then bring the TT back home and drop it off 15 minutes before work on Monday.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Jebby14 wrote:

Now that we're past Labour Day there's no need to waste your $$ on CAMIS ressie fees, even sites at ever popular Pinery are readily available. :B

Spend it on wet provincial park firewood instead! ๐Ÿ˜›

SAD BUT TRUE LMAO

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer

2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:

Now that we're past Labour Day there's no need to waste your $$ on CAMIS ressie fees, even sites at ever popular Pinery are readily available. :B

Spend it on wet provincial park firewood instead! ๐Ÿ˜›
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the spontaneity of the TT sure simplifies the pack and go procedures. We decided to do the State Parks this year. So it is now just a matter of figuring out which day to leave.

On our return from our last outing we drove a few miles out of the way to check out the campgrounds at three more State Parks on our way home. Make it a lot easier to select a site on-line in the busy season.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
AMEN. sure wish I hade some nicer places within overnighter/weekend range but at least I have some.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
To me, that's one of the best parts of owning a TT. The quick two or three night trip. I'm sure most of us have preparations down to a science by now. The wife and I can decide to go while I'm at work and by the time I get home, we're ready. All I gotta do is hook up and go.

Helps living close to some good camping spits too

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
last few years we've done long, planned trips. This coming weekend, we are doing a 2 night local park as well. Point is, a fun unplanned weekend...that I talked my sister/husband and brother to camp at as well!!!

Good times.