Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New camper, first modifications!

chops1sc
Explorer
Explorer
2023 Jayco Jay Flight 267BHS

I wanted to add a light to the outdoor kitchen. I had some LED tube lights laying around so I figured I would mount one to the ceiling. Since the outlet in the outdoor kitchen only has one plug, I wanted to add a 6-way but where it was mounted would not allow it. I relocated the outlet to the little partition. I forgot to take a before pic :S

I should probably get a pic in the evening so the light actually shows up, LOL! OH, I also swapped the mini-fridge door hinge to the left side.
2 REPLIES 2

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yosemitebobr wrote:
Sense you added 5 additional outlets, keep in mind the total amps/wattage you are going to strain the existing wire which I assume is #14 that goes to a 15A circuit. Be on the cautious side when adding additional items. The LED will have little effect on the circuit.
You won’t strain the existing wire. The wire is protected by the circuit breaker - that’s why you have circuit breakers.

Yosemitebobr
Explorer
Explorer
Sense you added 5 additional outlets, keep in mind the total amps/wattage you are going to strain the existing wire which I assume is #14 that goes to a 15A circuit. Be on the cautious side when adding additional items. The LED will have little effect on the circuit.
YosemiteBobR (Bob)
2022 Venture Sonic Lite
My DW the co-pilot/navigator (the boss):)

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL