cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forum Chapter/Title called "Trip Report"

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure where to post this since its mainly for a moderator. Lately I've noticed folks posting Trip Reports in various places here, i.e. Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Roads and Routes, etc. Has anyone though to maybe having a separate forum title called "Trip Report" possibly under Locations?. I, for one, like to read trip reports - they're usually very effective to use if you happen to be planning a trip in the same area as the author of the report. Plus it's fun to read how other folks manage their trips and see pictures of America from a RVer perspective. Anyone else agree? Thanks.....
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch
11 REPLIES 11

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:

Cough, right back. "America" includes North America

Not to belabor something that was meant in jest.....but, please.....United States AMERICANS own the word America.....even if it doesn't belong solely to them.

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
Jeez, didn't mean for anyone to get their panties in a wad - I'm not stupid and I know what "America" means. I believe there's quite a few folks that RV in Canada, Mexico and possibly further south.
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sabconsulting has posted some great TC trip reports from Africa and Europe. Not to be missed!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
bstar1952 wrote:
it's fun to read how other folks manage their trips and see pictures of America from a RVer perspective.

Cough.

Cough, right back. "America" includes North America (of which Canada is a portion), Central America, and South America. That fact really was brought home to me while on a mission trip to Peru; if we told the Peruvians we were Americans it meant nothing to them, because they considered themselves Americans too. We had to say we were from Los Estados Unidos.

I agree about a new forum section. I submitted a trip report this month and searched to see where people were posting theirs. Most were in Truck Campers! But I had a TT, so I put mine in the TT section... and wondered if anyone in A, C, TC, or tent would ever see it!
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

westend
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
bstar1952 wrote:
it's fun to read how other folks manage their trips and see pictures of America from a RVer perspective.

Cough.

Right, we don't need any pictures of any other stinkin' place, USA-USA-USA!!!:B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
bstar1952 wrote:

Cough.

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like this idea!

If anyone has not seen them, I highly recommend the enormous, terrifically well-indexed collection of TRs in the TC forum sticky.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed. Mine are posted in the "Campgrounds, Parks..." section.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really agree. I post reports all the time. When boondocking, I post in the boondocking forum. When we are in a national park, I post in the national park forum. I cruise through several different forums looking for other folks' trip reports (especially the TC forum).

But really, why should the reports be divided up in that way? It makes more sense to me to have them in a separate TR area. A report is a report, regardless of whether one is in a TC or a trailer. Regardless of whether one is boondocking or in a campground.

So I would encourage the moderators to consider this great idea. I know that it would involve some re-programming of the site, which is not easy. That might be a deal killer, given the difficulty of dealing with legacy software.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only trip reports I see are in TC.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BuckeyBuck
Explorer
Explorer
Agree

I too like to read about other's trip. It gives me some ideas, as well as some do's and don'ts of RVing. What type of camp ground people like and why. Yes I would enjoy reading this.

Chuck