cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northern Lite RAVE Customer Service

NSP-Biker
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 10-2CD Special Edition and one day "someone" didn't dog the windows fully and the dinette window was only center-locked. Going down the freeway the window got into a buffet/harmonic thing and destroyed itself. We put plastic over it with gorilla tape and continued our journey, to leave it like that for almost two years. By chance we were on a trip (motorcycles this time)and had opportunity to stop by NL in Kelowna and found out how much that window cost - a LOT! I was turned off but Dear Wife snuck back in a bought it! Here's the actual story - we didn't get it, it's been almost FULL YEAR and she and Keith (the owner I'm told) was VERY responsive. Then we got one and it was the wrong size! He gave us the contact for Dpometic, and the Dometic rep was very apologetic and sent us a nice roto-moulded cooler for our troubles. Eventually, after over a year, Keith volunteered to send their current unit, the larger one. The whole unit, inside and out, all I have to do is cut the opening 2" larger which I have done no problem. Through this all Keith was as responsive as can be, a great testimony to customer service and satisfaction even for our older model camper. When I finally break this thing apart I'll buy another one.
1999 PSD F-350 SRW K&N, Sys-1, Ride-Rite
2005 Northern Lite 10.2CD "Special Edition"
2004 XL650L
GSX1100G, VS700 (Hers), 53 Belair (Hers), Z50R
More girls than I ever hoped for...(mom + 2 lovely daughters)
4 REPLIES 4

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
When we downsized & researched for a TC, (4-5 yrs) while figuring out the pro's/con's lifestyle, in a used TC, we eventually went with a N.L.based on all the feedback and positives of N.L.'s. Keith answered every ? and RETURNED every call promptly. N.L. has the BEST customer support out there. Torklift is another in this category IMHO. Glad you got it sorted out. K Mac

markchengr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a similar experience shortly after we got our 2008 SE. I forgot to close the dinette window before we drove down the highway and didn't notice until it was long gone. We were far from home but plexiglas and gorilla tape worked to get us home. Keith sent our replacement in a timely manner but it was VERY expensive and we had to pay import duty on top of that. Sorry you had to wait so long.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Same here. You can be "responsive" and still jerk people around. Being "responsive" doesn't make the jerking around okay.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a bad experience, but if you are happy, thatโ€™s all that matters.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member