cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? on adding additional stabilizers

TexBohunk
Explorer
Explorer
Took my first long trip (8 days) since purchasing my new TT last nov. My old TT was 29ft, this one is 33ft. I have noticed increase bounce despite having the four existing stablizers down. Was wondering if adding two additional stabalizers near the tires would help. Most of the bounce comes from the rear, so i figure the tongue jack helps in the front. Has anyone experienced similar issues and any suggestions.
6 REPLIES 6

ScottandCathy
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer at Amazon rv stabilizers.

Ditto. Also have a set of these as well.
06 Dodge Ram 2500HD MegaCab 4x4, Cummins I6 5.9 CIT, 3.73 gears
Prodigy brake controller, Reese dual cam sway/WD
08 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS

ScottandCathy
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 4 pack of these Camco Jack Stands. One if front of the tires and one in back of the tires on both sides. Use a 6x6 block under and hand tighten up to the frame. Works wonders!
06 Dodge Ram 2500HD MegaCab 4x4, Cummins I6 5.9 CIT, 3.73 gears
Prodigy brake controller, Reese dual cam sway/WD
08 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer at Amazon rv stabilizers.

TundraTower
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto. Even with the stabilizers down, most of the weight is sitting on the axle suspension.

I built a pair of jacks out of a threaded rod and place them just forward of the front axle. As tight as I can get them by hand will take just about all of the bounce out of the trailer.
2013 Tundra, 5.7FF, TRD, 4WD, tow pkg
2014 Forest River Cherokee 264
Prodigy II / Equalizer 10K
103 nights & 12,700 miles since April '13

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Added a pair just in front of the tires and it helps greatly.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I can't speak from my own experience, but I have heard of others adding an extra set of stabilizing jacks near the rear wheels, with good results.
You could test using a couple bottle jacks, on top of wooden cribbing to reach the frame. By trying several different spots, you would know where to install the stabilizers, for best results.

Jerry