Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Palomino Real-Lite lifting system

PalominoReal
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone.
I'm new here,I just bought a used 2012 Palomino Real-Lite SS1603. I'm learning the ins and out of this camper,I checked it out thoroughly for leaks and tears, and so far so good,that camper is still like new. The only thing I can't figure out is the lifting system that raise the roof. I can not find anything online that shows a diagram or any repair infos on the system. I just want to be able to work on it if needed be. What type system is it. How do the raising poles go up or down,are there any springs inside, any pulley anywhere? And finally how do you remove the system to service it from inside or outside the camper.
9 REPLIES 9

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
nyokie wrote:
I have the bronco 1251sb, has the same lift system. The only info I saw and dont even remember where, probably the manual, only mentioned lubing the slides inside at full lift. I read its a permanently lubed worm gear assembly with push pull cables on the outside requiring no maintenance. Oh and tighten the screws holding the crank shaft every now and then, mine have a tendency to loosen.
Enjoy your new camper! Only issue ive had with mine was a small hole in the caulking on the roof front,the corner moldings, have a good look at yours every 6 months at least.

Must be a QC problem,had to do the same thing with mine!
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

nyokie
Explorer
Explorer
PalominoReal wrote:
nyokie
Yes we are, I'm taking the TC for a test next month. I bought my Real-lite used from someone in west Connecticut. I don't even know if there is a dealer around in CT.

We bought new from a dealer in PA near Scranton, they stopped dealing in TCs. But they may do warranty work for you?

nyokie
Explorer
Explorer
I did the greasing and oiling, and adjusted the bracket under the roof that are connected to the poles, mine only had one screw each, so the roof did hang one side a bit. I since added the missing nuts and bolts,I had to drill thru the side wall. Someone took is coffee break too early at the factory.

Interesting, you mean at the top of the poles inside? I will have to check mine.

PalominoReal
Explorer
Explorer
nyokie
Yes we are, I'm taking the TC for a test next month. I bought my Real-lite used from someone in west Connecticut. I don't even know if there is a dealer around in CT.

PalominoReal
Explorer
Explorer
nyokie wrote:
I have the bronco 1251sb, has the same lift system. The only info I saw and dont even remember where, probably the manual, only mentioned lubing the slides inside at full lift. I read its a permanently lubed worm gear assembly with push pull cables on the outside requiring no maintenance. Oh and tighten the screws holding the crank shaft every now and then, mine have a tendency to loosen.
Enjoy your new camper! Only issue ive had with mine was a small hole in the caulking on the roof front,the corner moldings, have a good look at yours every 6 months at least.

I did the greasing and oiling, and adjusted the bracket under the roof that are connected to the poles, mine only had one screw each, so the roof did hang one side a bit. I since added the missing nuts and bolts,I had to drill thru the side wall. Someone took is coffee break too early at the factory.

PalominoReal
Explorer
Explorer
RWDIII wrote:
At the end of July,Budman asked about the lift system in the Bronco.It should be
the same as yours.
I have a 2013 Bronco 800 and have had no problems.
the lift system is something the dealer has to take care of.
Did you get the LED lights,they are great for boondocking or dry camping.
I'd send a sticky but never got the hang of it.
Happy trails and Semper Fi

I don't have a problem with it, just want to know how to work on it.
The first thing I did after bringing the camper home was, I switched all the pancake dome lights to LED, I bought them on Amazon. I also bought a cigarette plug voltage meter. I plug it in the 12V by the bed frame on the right side. I installed a 9.5 BTU Polar cub AC on the roof. The air vent is the perfect size for it, it was an easy installation.

nyokie
Explorer
Explorer
Just noticed you're right down the road from me, feel free to give me a shout, have a beer and check out our campers.

nyokie
Explorer
Explorer

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
At the end of July,Budman asked about the lift system in the Bronco.It should be
the same as yours.
I have a 2013 Bronco 800 and have had no problems.
the lift system is something the dealer has to take care of.
Did you get the LED lights,they are great for boondocking or dry camping.
I'd send a sticky but never got the hang of it.
Happy trails and Semper Fi
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200