cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide problem

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
My AF 1150 slide does not go in all the way. When looking at the slide the upper front corner remains out about 3 inches and the top of the slide is out at that corner and tapers back to almost closed in the rear

Any ideas on a fix before I bring it to someone I can find who can actually fix it.... not much confidence in people fixing this.

Tried making it level with jacks and running it in and out.. no luck

Dave
25 REPLIES 25

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
burningman wrote:
JimPH wrote:
I am thinking about buying a pre owned Artic Fox 1150. Are they still having these problems with there slides? Did they change to a better slide at any time ? If so when?
Thanks

All slides are likely trouble.

That’s like saying all fiberglass campers are trouble free.:R

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimPH wrote:
I am thinking about buying a pre owned Artic Fox 1150. Are they still having these problems with there slides? Did they change to a better slide at any time ? If so when?
Thanks

All slides are likely trouble.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Harleybullet wrote:
Is the face board the vertical board below the molding by the step?
I assume the screws that hold it in place are behind that molding?

Sent you a PM on how to do.

Bedlam
Use a magnet to see if you find screw heads buried in the carpet.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Is the face board the vertical board below the molding by the step?
I assume the screws that hold it in place are behind that molding?

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Harley, did you remove the face board, so you could look at the slide mechanism?

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got to the slide problem because it has warmed up here in NY. That is the good news the bad news is that I put 4 1/8" shims (total 1/2 inch) shims between the front rail and the floor of the slide and nothing has changed it is still out about 2 inched........ugh
The front rail cannot be workrd on unless I pull the dinette floor off.....what a pain...will let you know

Dave

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
To JimPH I do not know the frequency of the slide problem with all manufacturies but everyone seems to have a story. We really used our TC in all sorts of terrain so although I do not like having this problem now I am not that critical....just me!

Dave

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear from you... hope all is well.... waiting for weather to break before I give this a try. PM you....thanks

Dave

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
clikey link

Harley being a ole hog man this should be a easy repair 😉
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
THis was a permanent solution on my 1150:

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29723528.cfm
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Start with the shear bolts first, then make sure the timing of the slide is right on. Then there are other adjustments described in the page I referred you to.

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Contacted Northwood Mfg and they suggested loosening 2 nuts on the front rail under the slide and putting in shims between the rail and the floor of the slide, 1/8" at a time to 1/2". Will try it soon I hope... right now it is freezing and windy in NY