cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires for Shadow Cruiser 260BHS

dwightr8
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing the tires on our Shadow Cruiser 260BHS. Going to go with Goodyear Endurance. I'm thinking of upsizing from ST205/75R14 to ST215/75R14 to get a little extra load carrying capacity (gain 640#). I think the rims are 5.5" wide and there is plenty of clearance. Any problems?

Thanks,
Dewey

Wife Terri, Golden Retriever Brandi
2015 Shadow Cruiser S-260BHS
2014 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost w/Max Tow
Equal-i-zerยฎ Hitch
9 REPLIES 9

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply My trailer is a Radiance by Cruiser RV
I don't think those tires are on My trailer, but the ones on my trailer is also some strange name, I had never heard of. I only have 1200 miles on mine, and am not sure if I will keep them after the first year.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

dwightr8
Explorer
Explorer
bob2194 wrote:
I have a new cruiser Rv a different model. how did your tires hold up? If you don't mind telling what brad did they come from the factory. Just trying to decide if I should dump the factory tires. Thanks in advance.

These are tires that came on the trailer:

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Vail-Sport-Radial-Tire

In doing some research into them, I think we got really lucky. We have had no problems in about 15,000 miles including a trip to Alaska and back via the Alaska Highway. If I had known then what I know now, I don't think I would have done that trip on them. Ignorance is bliss!

Good Luck,

Dewey
Dewey

Equal-i-zerยฎ Hitch

eend
Explorer
Explorer
When we had got our Shadow cruiser they came with bias ply tires, and they were horrible, the trailer would just sway side to side, I put some Carlyle radials on an the trailer towed like a dream. and we put many miles on the unit, when I sold the trailer the tires still had atleast 50% tread left.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new cruiser Rv a different model. how did your tires hold up? If you don't mind telling what brad did they come from the factory. Just trying to decide if I should dump the factory tires. Thanks in advance.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Increasing the tire load doesn't increase the axle rating. I switched to D rated tires after seven years on my C rated tires.

The new tires are rated C at 55 psi and D at 65 psi. I usually run about 60 psi to soften the ride.

A trip to the CAT scales when fully loaded for the road, showed the TT axle weight was only 5600#s on the 7000# axle pair rating.

Shortly after purchasing the new tires, I discovered that a rim bending road hazard or metal shard, does not care what the tire rating is or what they cost. ๐Ÿ™‚
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
dwightr8 wrote:
Replacing the tires on our Shadow Cruiser 260BHS. Going to go with Goodyear Endurance. I'm thinking of upsizing from ST205/75R14 to ST215/75R14 to get a little extra load carrying capacity (gain 640#). I think the rims are 5.5" wide and there is plenty of clearance. Any problems?

Thanks,

Excellent choice.
26.1 vs 26.7 diameter ....or just over a 1/4" less space at the top of the wheel well to the top of the tire. Simply not enough to worry about.
I like a taller tire as it lets the vehicle ride a bit better. Going to a load D tire increases harsh ride ie; over RR tracks/potholes or just a rough road surface.

Now if I needed more load capacity in my tires to carry more weight then a load range uprate would be a good option.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

dwightr8
Explorer
Explorer

I'd stick with the 205's the 215's will add to the diameter and you may get closer to bottoming out the trailer on the tire.
I assume you have load range C now is that right? If you want to upgrade load range just stick with the same size and go to load D but make sure your wheels can handle the extra 15psi per tire too.

Good point on the extra 15psi. I hadn't thought about that. I'm trying to find out from Cruiser if it's a problem. I did find out my wheels are 5" instead of 5.5" so I will be staying with the 205's even though the diameter is the same for both.

Thanks
Dewey

Equal-i-zerยฎ Hitch

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If the rims are indeed 5.5" then go for it. They both use the same air pressure and the diameter difference is very little.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
dwightr8 wrote:

Thanks,

I'd stick with the 205's the 215's will add to the diameter and you may get closer to bottoming out the trailer on the tire.
I assume you have load range C now is that right? If you want to upgrade load range just stick with the same size and go to load D but make sure your wheels can handle the extra 15psi per tire too.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K