cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turn signals, marker lights, 2001 Jayco

JaycoQuest
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to have the side marker lights flash like the turn signals do? What does it take to accomplish this?
4 REPLIES 4

JaycoQuest
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Roy Ken, I love the darkness of a campground and would not like to light up the night and disturb my neighbors, but I like the idea for the pizza delivery person and thanks.

Yes Mfan I should have been clearer on that post, I did not indicate for the road.

That is a great article beemerphile1 for the Daniel Stern Lighting link, very informative, and so was the Spirit of Liberty Speech, Thank You.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
You have to rewire the lights. Follow the instructions on the second part of this page;
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/markerflash/markerflash.html
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the op meant going down the road.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty easy task... Unplug your 7-way cable and either plug in a short jumper or flasher unit in pins 3 and 4.

This will connect your trailer battery to the side marker lights and either just turn them 'ON' or 'FLASH' as you want to do. Some folks will plug-in a 12VDC ATC BLADE FUSE in pins 3 and 4

You won't be a well liked camper doing this at night for very long time periods...

Its a great idea for when you have to call security or rescue squad. Just tell them its the trailer with flashing marker lights going...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS