cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twisted Receiver Square

Paforeleft
Explorer
Explorer
I was in process of buying a new Chevy Silverado when i noticed that the receiver square was not parallel with the bumper and/or the ground. I estimate that it was off 1/4" from level for the 2" receiver
See pictures. I plan on towing a 25 foot travel trailer using WD hitch. I am concerned the general quality and aesthetics as well as possible uneven loading with the WD hitch.

The manager thought it was "within Spec" however when asked what the spec was, he didn't know. I looked at around 10 more trucks and they all looked fine.

I didn't complete the purchase and i am waiting until Monday for the service manager to say whether he thinks it is acceptable or will commit to fixing it. I love the truck but i am really hesitant to purchase it with the hitch like that.

I'm sure this problem has surfaced before. What are peoples thoughts this is acceptable and if there will be any effect on towing.

32 REPLIES 32

Paforeleft
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you,

I did crawl around under the truck and i believe the square tube in the hitch is assembled and welded in at an angle. The bed sat square to the cab to my naked eye, so i think (hope) that the frame is not bent.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't mess that up very easy. Frame could be twisted as well. I haven't seen it but with the limited info I would go on my way

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Frame might have gotten damaged during transit.

I'd walk away. This will be on the back of you mind forever.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY