cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weighing TV

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Read lots of post's saying to do this to find what your payload is (correct?) Or to see what weight is on axle compared to what axle will handle. So my question is for the ones who have were your numbers different than what your door stickers say? Better or worse?
20 REPLIES 20

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes its easier to ask over there without getting the " you need a bigger truck"

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
Gattor, I gotta ask you what are you trying to accomplish?

I see you over at a GM site asking similar questions, that have been answered. It just feels as though you are searching for some sort of reassurance that a lower payload is acceptable. I'm not knocking, I'm just asking to help you get the answers you are looking for.
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
WHAT THEY SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Weigh it----then you'll know
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
The door sticker on 2006 and newer TV is a great place to start, but that will be the MAXIMUM payload for that TV within the Manufactures GVWR.
The ONLY way to know what you can carry either within the GVWR OR the rear GAWR, is to load the TV up as it would be ready to go camping (as stated above) and go weigh it each axle separate, then do the math.
TV built before 2006, don't have the Payload sticker, only a VIN sticker with Max axle weights and the GVWR listed, and the minimum tire size required to get that rating.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
gattorgetter wrote:
Read lots of post's saying to do this to find what your payload is (correct?) Or to see what weight is on axle compared to what axle will handle. So my question is for the ones who have were your numbers different than what your door stickers say? Better or worse?

The door sticker does not tell you how much YOUR truck weighs. There is no way to derive actual payload without knowing that number. This is why you must weigh YOUR truck!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The numbers will nearly always be different than the published weights or the door sticker. It depends on who and what you have in the truck at the time you weigh it. Best practice is to fill up the fuel tank(s) and load everything and everyone in the truck that you would have when you are ready to hitch up and head out (including the fifth wheel hitch if that's what you'll be towing). Make sure to get on the scales so that you'll get separate front and rear axle weights, too - the rear axle reserve capacity is the most common limiting factor when calculating remaining payload for tongue/pin weight.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015