cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yersterday was a good day.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went to the Richmond, VA RV show, and I returned home not salivating over a new RV. My wallet gets nervous when I begin to salivate over another RV.

My current Koala would be perfect, if it were about 4 feet longer and also had a dinette.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch
7 REPLIES 7

lushy
Explorer
Explorer
It is always a good time going to the RV shows just to see the new floor plans and new TT's especially when you live in the Midwest and it's 15*F and you have the camping bug. I've been forbidden by my wife to go to our local RV dealer's shows that are in the summer time. I seem to buy a new TT each time I go. ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L, Blue Ox Sway Pro
2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel, Air Lift

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we went to a show we came back loving ours even more. Some floor plans are just plain weird lately.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
We went to the local show a couple of weeks ago. We saw some interesting things like the front living room but we did not care for the rest of the trailer. Saw some nice kitchens too. Just reinforced we have the right trailer for us. Still have a couple of things I'd like to do to ours, like chairs instead of the couch and changing the 2 steps for 3 steps going up to the master bedroom but nothing worth changing trailers for.

Don't understand why they skimp on night stands next to the bed. 40' of trailer and still no night stands. Oh well guess it's not a priority for most people.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought ours TT used because we did not want to go into debt. It took about two years of saving and looking to decide exactly what we wanted.

There are very few items that depreciate as much as a TT for no more use than they get. We found a mint condition three year old rig with the floor plan we wanted, for 25% less than a similar "show special" unit on sale at the RV show.

It is not that we got such a good deal; it is the fact that TTs simply do not hold their value very long, so the previous owner took the hit.

Unless you are an avid camper of full timer, I do not see how to justify going into debt on something that depreciates so rapidly.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
We went to the Richmond, VA RV show, and I returned home not salivating over a new RV.

My wallet gets nervous

when I begin to salivate over another RV...

I'm getting ready to head out today to the largest RV show in central Florida!

Not really worried about buying a new MH......more worried about how much I am going to spend on all those 'have to have' RV doodads at all the vendor booths!

:B

Largest RV Show in Central Florida Returns to the Florida Horse Park
There will be more than 400 RV units representing more than 150 manufacturers and suppliers on display.

โ€œThis yearโ€™s show will have everything from the smallest folding tent camper to the largest motorhomes on the market,โ€ said FRVTAโ€™s Marketing Director David Kelly. โ€œNot only have RVs on display, there will also be representatives from campgrounds, camping clubs, RV resorts, RV financing and RV insurance. Everything for both the most experienced RVer and first-time buyer.โ€.....

http://flhorsepark.com/Home/TabId/8648/ArtMID/14052/ArticleID/106/Largest-RV-Show-in-Central-Florida...

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
went to the RV show in Colorado Springs, last weekend. But none of them have what mine has, a paid off title. So with that said I am happy with all 22 feet of my fun finder.

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
My parents went yesterday to the Birch Run (MI) show. When I checked in last night, mom said a lot of beautiful TT's but dad didn't find anything he liked more than the Cedar Creek they have.....that was worth going into debt over lol.