cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flattest routes from GA To Nashville,TN

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
I’m interested in the flattest routes from GA to Nashville with my trailer. A friend drove me from ga to tn once, and went through some pretty unnerving terrain
21 REPLIES 21

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the map, my friend probably took the catanooga route?

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Just like to be nice to my equipment if I can. Lol

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
I am waiting to see what the guys of the Rocky Mountain states & westwards have to say about difficult grades.
I've been to GA and TN and have driven those hills. I wouldn't call them mountains. OP better stay far away from my neck of the woods if he finds those hills so 'unnerving'. lol
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I can see the general idea.
I will probably be over there monday i am guessing.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am waiting to see what the guys of the Rocky Mountain states & westwards have to say about difficult grades.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
groundhogy wrote:
I’m interested in the flattest routes from GA to Nashville with my trailer. A friend drove me from ga to tn once, and went through some pretty unnerving terrain

Assuming somewhere in the greater Atlanta area, head west on I-20 to Anniston AL, then take US 431 from Anniston to Gadsden and on to Huntsville, and pick up I-65 NW of Huntsville. I grew up in that area, US 431 has always been a great alternative to the I's. Not much in the way of hills, certainly not mountains to speak of.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Where in Georgia? If south Georgia, you can take a number of routes west into Alabama and pick up 65 in Montgomery or Birmingham, avoiding the worst of the grades such as Monteagle. If you're coming up from Atlanta, you can still head west on 20 to Birmingham and then up 65. It'll add miles but you'll avoid Chattanooga and Monteagle. If North GA, I'm not sure how to avoid mountains without going far out of your way. Maybe someone else has a suggestion.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7