Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Upcoming launch

Anyone who will be in the mid Atlantic Region next month? The NASA launch facility on Wallops Island has an Antares launch scheduled for April 17 at 4:46 pm. Antares is one of the larger vehicles used from here, capable of lifting 11,000 lbs into low...

quiet??Tuolumne Meadows closest campground or elsewhere?

we have 4 nights (can add a day or two if needed) first few days in August. Thought to stay at Tuolumne Meadows NP campground but of course it's not available. Is there another campground NP/or private, near there? towing a 30ft TTI'd also like to ex...

jukes by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Two new Utah RV travel videos

We've just wrapped up the finishing touches on two new videos featuring RV travel across different parts of Utah, and felt compelled to share them here.First up, when many RV'ers think of Utah, they think only of the Mighty Five National Parks: Zion,...

Zion

We will be in Utah in the Fall...planning a stop at Zion. I tried to book Zion River Resort and they can not accommodate us. Other favorite parks in the area? We have a 37 ft TT and a lot of kids.

texas hill country

Thinking about texas hill country for a late April early May trip.Where is the Texas Hill Country? Apparently there is no set geographical boundaries. Some say near Austin, others say near San Antonio. OK, I'm lost.We'd like to spend a couple of week...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Parks in the Omaha Area

With all the flooding in the Omaha/Bellevue area, what RV parking areas are available? We usually stay in the Offutt Base Lake RV park, but that is under water.GM

Central Florida Coastal RV Park Recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for RV parks in central Florida, near either the gulf or Atlantic coasts, for the winter of 2020. We've escaped the midwest winters in the Panhandle the last few years and have been lucky with the weather, but looking ...

WillB5 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping near Flagstaff AZ

I will be returning from Zion trip in September and would like to spend a day or two near Flagstaff. Anyone have favorite spots here?

Disney World area campgrounds with shuttle to Disney

Hello,My daughter has asked us to go to Disney with them this November. I tried Fort Wilderness and it is booked solid. When talking to them they stated November and December are their busiest times. Our daughter wants to go then to see the Christmas...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

"Wild West RV Trip"

Hi! My husband and I are planning a trip in mid-September from Salt Lake City to the Grand Tetons - Yellowstone - Wind Caves - Devils Tower - Mt. Rushmore - Great Sand Dunes - end in Denver. We're going to rent an rv and would love some expert advi...

getting a 36 ft tt

any limitations or problems I might run across with national parks? am I going to be strictly limited to private campground due to length? And no, if so, doesn't bother me just want to know. We getting the floor plan and size we are most comfortabl...

Deuce222 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Bike trails

Down in the keys and looking for summer travel ideas. We just got bikes so looking for pretty level bike trails. We're open, but Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois are states were thinking of this summer. As alwa...

TCI by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

I-35 campground waco Tx

Taking the wife and daughter to see magnolia market. This campground looks nice. What say any of you who have been there. Thanks

Mrytle Beach Area Rv Parks

We are thinking stopping in the Mrytle Beach area on way home from Florida.Looking for recommendations for a rv park with big rig access the first week in April.Thanks