Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Indiana Dunes NP

I am planning a trip to Yellowstone NP from CT. I noticed Indiana Dunes NP and SP was not far from Rt 80. Is this worth the stop or will I get caught in a lot of Chicago traffic going west? Has anyone been to both? Any suggested route to avoid traffi...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Mt. Rushmore

Wife and I are going to be in the Mt. Rushmore in August. Any suggestions on where to camp with 30" fifth wheel. Also any recommended photographic areas you might recommend we visit? Thanks for your help and best wishes.

3iron by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Help- Campground Storage

Hi All,We will be camping in Va and have just recently decided to head to Ft Myers afterwards to visit family. The problem? We live in NJ and do not want to drive back to NJ to drop off our tt. Does anyone know of a campground, a Camping World, etc.....

Mission Texas RV Park

Here in Mission, TX the Management of a local Park just took off and left the Area. nobody there knows who to give their Rent to.I had a Guy repair my Air Conditioner two Days ago. He said it is Bentsen Palms RV Park where this happened.

Dixieland RV and Music Park Waldo, Florida

Very nice campground if you want it nice and quite. There is a pond if you like to fish. Close to anything you need. Here is the link...http://dixielandmusicpark.net/index.htmWe go there once a month to stay a few days...

darr by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Asheville, NC

We're heading to Asheville in July and wanted to know what other things to do outside of Asheville? We're going to do Biltmore and some other things in Asheville but wanted to know if there was some other neat little towns and sights to see outside ...

Campground Amenities vs lower prices

Spin off from price thread.Which do you prefer?Lower cg rates with just basic FHU and clean bath houses?Or are you willing to pay higher rates for amenities (and the accompanying insurance) for items such as pools, bounce pillows, playgrounds, etc?

Oregon Coast - Labor Day

We expect to be traveling down the Oregon Coast the latter part of August and/or early September. With the Labor Day holiday I know many campgrounds will be full.We will be pulling a small 17 ft camper and do not need hookups. We typically prefer to...

Is there value in memberships?

I'm sure this may have been a topic so just point me there if need be.Some friends recently became members of a RV organization that offers discount camping at various "RV parks". I believe it was CRA?,it was a load of cash! I have read about others ...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Have you stayed at John Pennekamp SP Site 15

Question for anyone who has stayed at Site 15 at John Pennekamp State Park, Marathon, Florida and/or anyone who is currently there:How tight is the site? It is listed at 48' x 16', but I noticed this disclaimer: "This site is narrower and may not acc...

GMandJM by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Central New York Boondocking & Campsites

I know zero about the area and am looking for advice on where to boondock. Any places to get lost in the woods, maybe do some good fishing? Campsites are a backup plan for me, so a nudge in the right direction there would be great, too. Thanks!--Erin

ErinFM by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Ebenzer Park- Rock Hill, SC - Be careful ladies

LAKE WYLIE — York County deputies are searching for a Peeping Tom who allegedly was watching a Rock Hill woman take a shower at a popular park on the shores of Lake Wylie.The woman, 46, told deputies she was taking a shower near midnight Wednesday at...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Heading to Branson

We will be heading to Brandon in July. We are looking to break up the trip up in to 2 days with a stop over in or around Paducah KY. My DW found Duck Creek RV Park. Does anyone e have any experience with this park or can you suggest another