Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Long term near Charlotte NC

Hi everyone, I'm relocating to the Charlotte area and I'm looking for a long term option. Either a site with cable and wifi or a camping cabin. Any suggestions other then KOA? Thanks in advance... KarenAnn

KarenAnn by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Okeechobee Lake Fl. RV Parks

We are thinking of spending the winter in Florida this year instead of Texas. Has anyone been to the Campgrounds around the Okeechobee Lake Fl. area? Water's edge RV Resort or Aruba RV Resort or does anyone have ideas for an affordable RV Park in and...

Adventure Bound campgrounds in Pa

I haven't been to either, and was wondering if anyone had anything to say about the 2 locations in Pa. I checked the review sites and there is nothing about the one in Narvon.

wow!!! National Parks!

ok I admit we didn't plan our grand canyon trip soon enough. Cant get into Trailer Village they only have up to 28ft sites left and although our trailer is considered 25ft, from bumper to hitch ball it is 28.5 ft. Anyway cant believe Mather cannot ha...

Lake Erie camp grounds in Ohio

We are going to Ohio the 1st week of October for a wedding and a reunion. I was hoping someone could recommend a state park close to Lake Erie. The state park website list quite a few. Location to a particular city doesn't matter. we want 30 amp s...

bobfears by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Myrtle Beach What to do? Where to eat?

This will be our fifth trip to MB. Staying at MB Travel Park in 2 weeks. Looking for some different things to do. Trying to stay away from all the retail stuff (Broadway etc.)Also looking for some great local seafood and or BBQ options. Don't mind dr...

Disappointed in My Heretofore wonderful TX State Parks

First time I guess I ever did this although I'd SWEAR I did it two years ago & it worked just fine. Had a reservation for 1 night. Then had a separate reservation for 4 more nights starting after the first reservation. Same name, same type of site, s...

Colorado 9/2 Drycamping 2wd.

I visited pitkin CG beginning of august last year for some motorcycle trail riding, but decided to push my next visit date back to sept 2nd this year to have more camp spot choices since it was crowded. This is my second time out and Im getting excit...

rerod by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cracker Barrel

Has any one rested over night at a cracker barrel. if so did you have any problems. Did the management give you permission.

mike24 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Ouachita/Hot Springs area suggestions

Decided to try and squeeze a trip in before September - provided no hurricanes or work doesn't get out of control. Wife and I decided to try Lake Ouachita or the general area. It's been almost 30 years since we've been up that way (tent camping bac...

DwnSth by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I too picky about cg's?

I rate cg's based on physical condition, amenities and if they actually have them, site size and condition, and bathhouses. It seems quite a few are in a bad need of renovation and don't follow through with what they say they have. There are always...

Stclairm by Explorer
  • 68 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart Parking Directory?

Does anyone still maintain the "free overnight parking" directory for Walmart stores? (And, YES, I did already try to search for it in the forum.) The link I had before doesn't work anymore.When we went on a long cross-country trip a couple years ago...

Parowan Gap Overnight

Thinking of parking overnight at the petroglyph site.Anyone been there to check it out.Near Parowan Utah.

rx2tee by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

quick Tennesee state park quesiton

I know so many of you know this right off the bat. did a fast search and couldn't find the answer.going to Roan Mountain state park soon. Do TN parks allow golf carts? just wondering. thanks