cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any changes coming?

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

three new posts at the end of july, on the old version of the board there would have been 60+ a day this time of year.  

there have been several sugesstions how to bring some of the essence of the old board back but yet non have been applied, it makes me wonder if good sam is serious about improving the board or rather do they just want the old posts to be a click bait for google, because if you look at the "trending" posts, non are curently active and over half are more than 5 years old, how is that trending, more like a "random" post generator.  

I use to love this board as it was one of the bvest comunities out there for all round knowlage and fun.  yes discussions could get a little heated between individuals but the next day they were chatting about something else like nothing happened, now I come here and its crickets and 10 year old posts drug up by a visitor who was doing a google search on an issue.  

going from the activity on the board, I would guess that everyone sold there RVs and cancled there internet subscriptions but I know that is not true.  

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
23 REPLIES 23

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Let us know what you think about it. I imagine it has more traffic than here

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Haven’t visited it a lot. But one thing I like (and use to like on rv.net) is being able to click on newest and see all the most recent postings together without having to go to each specific forum. Newest was my go to page on rv.net. 

I've posted it before but since we have no stickies I'll post it again. Here's how I find the newest posts. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

There are a few ways I have found to get to the new content. Based on your question you are probably looking for steps 1-7 below. But I much prefer the link below that opens without a bunch of clicking.

This link will open a new tab with the new content. Link  If you open that link then save it as a bookmark (or click CTRL D) and save it you will be able to access it again in the future. Be sure you're logged in to the forum before clicking the link.

Or

1. Scroll up to the top of this or any page
  2. On the left side of the page click on the word "Good Sam" to take you back to the home page
  3. Scroll down the home  page and on the right side find the box that says "New Posts"
  4. Look at the bottom of this New Posts box and click on View All
  5. That will open a page to all the new posts. But wait. there's more!!
  6. On this new page just under the words Unread Discussions you will see it is organized by Discussions and Posts and  it is defaulted to Posts.
  7. I find it easier to click on Discussions. Clicking on Discussions will group all the posts under the respected discussions and shorten the list

Hopefully that helps find what you're looking for.

Editing to add one more step. I use a windows PC, steps for a mac, tablet or phone may be different. Anyway once I see the list of unread posts I right click on everytopic title and select Open in a new tab. Once I've opened every topic I go back and click on each and read them .

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

I have been going there for a couple months now.. its about the same..  could be better with a sudden influx of members though..  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Wow, I figured it would be better. I wonder if people have just found different things to focus on. I have a feeling many of the old posters are still here, just not posting as the format of is just too weird. Like why do I get a topic show up on my unread post for a post from 2015 that somebody clicked the like button on.

I think there are so many new campers and so many videos on RVs on You tube, tic tocs, insta, FB, etc that people can find more thorough answers than asking question on a forum that's hard to navigate and/or sifting through responses to maybe find what you are looking for and understand it. If I were running things on GS, I would make a you tube forum and forget this concept. 

It's like this forum is a book and it's much easier just to watch the movie. Sure there's some romance to actual interaction with other campers, but it doesn't make it easier and folks just aren't interested in that anymore. 

I know I do it, pretty much most of the DIY stuff I do in my MH, my cars and around the house that I don't already know how to do, I can you tube it and find what I need quickly and can play certain sections over, freeze etc. The web page forum media is obsolete. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

So is IRV2 the best game in town? I haven't spent much time over there, but it seems the closest to a decent forum. I may head over there for a while.  I guess there are also forums specific to the respective manufacturers. 

not realy, same three posts have been on thee for the last 3 weeks, down to 1 post the last could days..  not much better than here now.   Im still looking for a good truck camper forum that isn't brand spicific.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I try to post as I can, but it sure feels like there are only 4 to 6 of us old timers left.

maybe 7 haha.. and they have all posted on this thread ..

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

It looks like the company "Good Sam" may have given up supporting the forum.

I would not blame the mods who tried to keep RV.Net going.

☹️

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad

I'm not a moderator, but I do post occasionally on my thread over in the pets section.  Spending as much time online as I've done over the years, I have to say this new software just plain sucks.

No, the GS admin/tech nonsupport does not care in the slightest.  Evidence is that they can see us pointing out the problems, and they do nothing.  Makes one wonder if the GS supervisors outside the tech area are even aware of the extremely horrible business practices going on here, for if ever a way of putting people off a brand -- this is definitely it.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I agree with everything said here. This forum is nothing more than visitors responding to decades old posts they found in a Google search. Lots of suggestions made but no response from the mods. Newbie hit and runs coming in and seasoned folks leaving. I kept hanging on but there is no value in this forum anymore. It's one thing to make changes, it's another to drop those changes on the ground and walk away. I mean, if the plan was to make it better, why aren't they listening and making it better? No matter, the damage is done. This forum is toast.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

Just stopped in to feed the crickets......  Does nobody up top actually care that the RV.Net/Good Sam forum has died?  The poor unpaid moderators are the only ones around anymore. 

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded