DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator Box

I built this generator box about 6-7 years ago and had it on a former TT. So, the new TT came into the yard and I extended the bumper using 2 1.4x2 1/4x1/8" angle with 'bed frame cross pieces. Foremost in my mind was 'save weight' but make it strong....

Generator mounting for pick up

I recently installed a residential refrigerator in my camper and wanted to install a generator in my pick up bed that I could secure and run on my longer trips. I searched on line for generator boxes but could not find one that suited my needs or bud...

mbrower by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Tissue Holder Brake

Found this on morning after a weekend outing. By the afternoon problem was resolved.C.B.

C_B_ by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Maxxair vents covers-worth it?

Keep seeing some RV's with Maxxair/Maxxair II vent covers. How well do they work? Reduced airflow? Rain or water leaks? Installation issues? Thanks in advance.

drmopar by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Extender handle for roof vents

I can just barely reach the vent handle in the living room on our 5er and my wife has no chance, even on the step stool. A friend's son developed this extension handle for just this problem. www.jbkwikstik.com I haven't ordered one yet, but looks ...

gkainz by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Mounting 90 deg. or 45 deg. entry door holders

For those of you using a 90 deg. or 45 deg. entry door holder, how are you doing it? I ask because those holders will typically land somewhere on the door where there is no solid wood on the interior....typically several inches in from the edge whe...

pmona by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Outside TV install

Wanted to have a swivel mounted TV that was removable so we can watch TV while outside camping, picked this one up from New Egg TV mount and did the install, put blue painters tape on the side of the fiberglass and my trailer already had provisions f...

Mobile Clinic: need electrical outlets

Hello all!I am an optometrist, and I am creating a mobile clinic to serve the local geriatric population. I recently purchased a 2003 Goshen Ford E450 shuttle bus. All seats will be removed, and I'll create a single "exam room" out of the space. I...

Idea for TT fenders

Well, my ABS fenders have cracked in several places and as I have read in the past, this is very common and WILL happen again even with new ones. So...I'm thinking about it and have decided that I need to stop the flex from the air when moving down ...

starlord by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Smart RV products / Frig Fix

Has anyone used this product to help move the air in the frig? I saw that Dometic makes a cheaper version of a fan that is supposed to move the air also. I need to do something, looked at adding a fan to the outside near the coil to help move the hot...

a better door hold-back device?

To hold the trailer door open, my trailer came with one of the plastic knobs that sort of snaps into a groove. It doesn't hold the door securely in a strong, swirling wind. The wind would push hard enough on the door to make the ball go backward in...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes