DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Just another LED TV install

The in-dash monster would rock the whole dash on a rough road + the picture was lousy and the sound terrible. I was gifted a 24" LED that just fit left to right. There was extra space under the TV so I made a drawer to fit.Drawer open with stay clo...

pkunk by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

vinyl flooring in Winnebago kitchen

Does any one know what brand of vinyl plank flooring Winnebago used in their early 2000 series Brave and Itasca Sunrise. It is very durable and would like to be able to use this product in replacing the carpet in my Sunrise. Thanks Art

Fairway9 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement blinds

The mini blinds on the main window by the dinette finally died, and so I started looking for a replacement. I finally settled on these Bali blinds from Home Depot. They have no (exposed) strings, so hopefully they won't suffer the same problem of ...

JoeTampa by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Added: Outside Panel Meters

I know, I know the TV is old (but its bright & works)....its on the list as a future upgrade.At races we tend to be a place to hang out (shade, stereo & electric are the attractions).Some time ago I added a few extra USB/12v Charging outlets - makes ...

bshpilot by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Almost complete restoration 89 Fleetwood Southwind

Hi everyone, I'm completely new here and new to owning a motorhome. So, it's probably a little crazy, but I'm undertaking an almost full restore on a 1989 Fleetwood Southwind 36'. I bought the motorhome on ebay under the impression it needed a paint ...

New cabinet install - major surgery

Before we got our latest TT (our 3rd TT), a 2014 KZ Spree (262RKS), I could tell from the manufacturer's floorplan on their website that there was a large, empty cavity between the bedroom wall and the end of the shower wall in the bathroom. It look...

REtro Fitting Slam Latches to my 5'r

First let me apologize for not putting up a pic or two on this post...I will do that when I get back home on days off.However: I just last week added two of these to my main storage compartment door and it was actually quite easy. However because of ...

Steakman by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge Fan Results

Recently posted a mod to install thermostatically controlled fridge fans but the spring like weather here and where we have travelled did not not present a real challenge for the fridge.This past week we returned from Minnesota through St Louis when...

Installing a ladder

Has anyone ever put a ladder on the back of a 2012 Skyline Nomad Joey 260? I've emailed the manufacturer for some schematics/blueprints of this model to get a good view of the insides/anchor points but no reply yet. Thoughts?Thanks...-DH

Looking for a solution to carry leveling and jack blocks

Like most, I plan to carry several wooden blocks to use for leveling and to place under stabilizing jacks. With limited outside storage I am looking for creative ideas to carry the blocks in some other manner. Possibly a bumper mounted solution. A...

wayfun by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Up Grades on 04 BT Cruiser she looks new!

Two and a half year we bought a 04 BT Cruiser from a nice elderly couple who could not drive anymore. Perfect unit for my wife and I to full time in has walk around bed I slide The man took very good care on maintaining the unit mechanically as well ...

FINELINE by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes