DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

spray coat the awning

Hi everyone,My awning is a few years old. I am planing to spray with the top with Flexible Rubber Sealant (see the link below) . I think it will make is nicer and provide better protection for the rest of the awning . The only concern I have is that ...

Using a small Inverter

My skill with electricity and electronics are limited but I had an idea and am not sure if this is a good idea. I have an inverter in my trunk not doing much, that I was given for Christmas a few years ago. It is a 175w non-sinusoidal inverter.My t...

Dinette seat storage drawer

I finally decided to make a drawer under the dinette seat to give easy access to the storage area underneath the seat.Here is the before view.Now, the closed drawer.And the open drawer.

tenbear by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Out with the brass, in with the satin nickel

We are replacing all the brass fixtures, cabinet hardware etc in our 5th wheel. The brass looks dated and is starting to flake.My biggest problem is what to do with the frame on the shower enclosure and the frame on the mirrored closet doors.Has any...

galtgirl by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower

I would like to install a quick connect coupler system for my outside shower. Any ideas if this is possible or where I might buy this hardware. Thanks

beef56 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wanderer Lite by Thor Parts

I am having a hard time finding a Water Heater By-Pass valve for my Wanderer Lite RV. CAMCO parts will not work. The water lines are molded and have a bigger thread. If anyone has a good source for genuine parts, please let me know.

1999 Alpenlite Clearance Lights

Hello,I have a 1999 Alpenlite Spyglass 5th Wheel. The front marker lights (yellow) lens on top of the front cap need to be replaced. The only numbers I see on the light covers are SAE AP2-5 and PM125. Does anyone know where I can find covers for t...

Awning Deflappers

On some forum I saw the idea/plans for some awning deflappers made from PVC pipe. I can't seem to locate it now. Can anyone help?

What glue for delaminated fiberglass sides?

Just about to get all of the delaminated luan wood off of the fiberglass exterior walls. I'am going back with a new sheet of luan when I get this all cleaned off. Just checking with you all to make sure what I'am doing is a good idea. Basically I'a...

DonJon99 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Magnetek Series 6300A Model 6345 Bad?

I recently purchased a 1994 Empire 34 foot travel trailer that had a water leak and am gutting it to convert my cargo hauler to a camper.I was looking for some information on the inverter (Magnetek Series 6300A Model 6345) and read that that particul...

zhoenixx by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Few mods/accs (DIY) in my Sportsmen 16BH (LOT PICS!)

Here's MANY pics of a few mods (DIY) and accessories I put so far on my 2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 16BH. Hope you'll enjoy the pictures! I also include some prices for people who wondering about... :B1) 4-bikes gooseneck rack (60$ @ Costco) w/ Swagman...

vlopddap by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ordering EPDM?

Has anyone ever ordered the white on black EPDM from flatroofsolutions.com? I'm leaning towards ordering their 10'x25' 60 mil material for my complete tear off.http://www.flatroofsolutions.com/White-on-Black-EPDM-60-mil/White-on-Black-EPDM-60-mil-10...

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing tub/shower faucets

I've replaced the kitchen sink and bathroom sink faucets with real metal ones from local big-box store.I can't find faucets for the tub/shower with the hose fitting for the typical RV shower head.Anyone find a decent replacement?Thanks,Doug

doughere by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Review my Inverter and Charger Install

Hi Forum Techies! I'm not new to RVing but after reading a lot more on dry camping I decide to procure a Xantrex 1220 charger and ProSeries PSI-1500 Inverter in my new Dutchmen 2780RBSL trailer. I'm hoping for a quality assurance review on the wor...

freebitz by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes