cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to drain fresh water tank?

Ponylady97
Explorer
Explorer

I have a question, I have a 2017 Coachman Leprechaun 260QB and I am trying to drain the fresh water tank. I have located the valves in the pictures but not sure what to open and/or close. I believe the 4 lines with the valves are my low point valves but not sure why there are 4 and should I open all of them to drain the fresh water tank? The other valves attached to the water are all open except one and I don't think I need to do anything to these to drain the tank. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

20240701_095549.jpg

โ€ƒ

20240701_110021.jpg

โ€ƒ

7 REPLIES 7

Ponylady97
Explorer
Explorer

In order to drain my fresh water tank I have to open all 4 valves at the low point, thanks for everyones help...Happy Camping!!!

@Ponylady97 wrote:

In order to drain my fresh water tank I have to open all 4 valves at the low point, thanks for everyones help...Happy Camping!!!

Thank you for letting us know everything is fine.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Its possible to have 4 low point drains. However they have nothing to do with the draining of your fresh water tank. Take a look under your unit, what do you see as far as hoses coming through the floor. The fresh water drain value could be almost anywhere, but it will be by itself. Does not your owners manual help with this issue. 

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad

The Styrofoam-insulated tank looks like your hot water tank with the three valves set for normal use.  I can't tell what the picture with four water pipes with valves is, I don't have something like that in my camper. 

My low point drains do not have a valve on them, just a screw-in cap.  they just drain the plumbing lines as open spaces describes. They are located on the outside underneath the camper.  My freshwater tank also has its own drain hose with screw-in cap (no valve) located outside underneath the camper. 

Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

I don't think those valves are your low point drains. I have one low point drain per fresh water tank. They're very low and BELOW the fresh tanks.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

On mine the low point drains are just the low points of the plumbing. But the actual tank is below all that. So there is a second drain by the tank to drain it. I would look around the edges of the body to see if there are any more valves.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Ponylady97 wrote:

I have a question, I have a 2017 Coachman Leprechaun 260QB and I am trying to drain the fresh water tank. I have located the valves in the pictures but not sure what to open and/or close. I believe the 4 lines with the valves are my low point valves but not sure why there are 4 and should I open all of them to drain the fresh water tank? The other valves attached to the water are all open except one and I don't think I need to do anything to these to drain the tank. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

20240701_095549.jpg

โ€ƒ

20240701_110021.jpg

โ€ƒ

I never drained ours except at the end of our camping season. I just pumped the water into the holding tank by turning on a few faucets. If you have low-point valves emptying under the trailer you can drain the lines, there.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29