cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping, Nashville, TN

jbcason
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Nashville in Jan. Anyone have a suggestion on a nice camp ground? We like a large space. 38' fifth wheel. Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Two Rivers is where we stayed.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We will be at the KOA in a couple of days. Not our favorite campground since it so expensive and is also undergoing renovations but we think it is the best of the three. I think the Two Rivers campground has some sort of Christmas light show going on and it is open to the public so you have lots of outside traffic running through the campground. I do not know how long it runs into January though. The other campground is right next to a bus tour company and it is pretty darned loud. Pick the one you can afford and stand. None of them are all that good. Do take advantage of the shuttle that will pick you up/drop you off right at any of the three campgrounds and take you to downtown. You can leave your vehicle behind, enjoy a libation or two, and have safe transportation. The front desk at all three of the campgrounds can assist you with this. Enjoy! Nashville is one of my favorite places to visit.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

jbcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. Makes it much easier.

jbcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. Makes it much easier.

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed 10 days at Two Rivers two weeks ago. Did check out all three, all of them have above average cost and all three are just average. KOA is the best, but cost the most, as does most KOA's. On the other we were there to see Nashville and take in all it has to offer and didn't spend a lot of time at the campground.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA is nice. I treat my self and stay there every trip south.

Yes is cost more than the other 2 but they have sites with
a real NICE long concrete patio you pull along side of complete with you own wrought iron table and chairs.

I found it a treat and relaxing after spending time in uneven dog CG's all the way down. I found it nice to just pull in and get out and relax on a patio complete with furniture with out lifting one finger to do so!! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
Been there in Jan. Be prepared for cold weather, had to bring hose in at night. Lots of things to do in the area. Brother-in-law lives there so we have a tour guide. Good luck. Ron Day
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is, it is the most expensive of the 3, and not really any better. I have not stayed in any of the 3 but did drive through them within the last month.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Think there was a KOA there also....

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
My pick would be Yogi Bears also.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

jbcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I have been fooled by pictures before. Haha

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Two Rivers last summer. It was a great place and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
Two Rivers Campground or Yogi Bears Jellystone RV Park on Music Valley drive, near Opryland Hotel. I drove through all three on Music Valley drive just a few weeks ago. The third one is the KOA. Based on the sites, the condition of the roads through the campground, and overall look, I probably would choose Yogi Bears Jellystone, 2572 Music Valley drive, Nashville, TN.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1