cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Holiday Rambler 32V

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
Been checking out some new gas class A's and really liked the floor plan and amenities of the Holiday Rambler 32V. Two things I'm not keen on; only one A/C unit and 30 amp service.
Any one have one of these new models and how do you like it?
6 REPLIES 6

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
1 AC is a deal breaker with that much coach...

Agree with Stu, the only time you can get by with one air is 'maybe' on a class B.

Don't even think of a coach that has less than 50 amp and it must have at least two A/C's on a class A.

Good luck.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
1 AC is a deal breaker with that much coach...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Effy. The floor plan is exactly what we want. I haven't asked if an additional a/c can be installed but I doubt it with only a 30 amp system.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
msalyer wrote:
That was my concern. It does have 15k and has dark tinted dual pane windows to help keep the heat out, but I'm still doubtful it is enough.

Travelling is where it really gets you. Since it's a gasser the AC has to combat the sun as well as all the rising heat from the road, engine and tranny. I can tell you first hand that on an 85+ day, one ac can't keep up. That's with the window shades down and starting off cool. Might do ok camped in the shade but not while travelling.
2013 ACE 29.2

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
That was my concern. It does have 15k and has dark tinted dual pane windows to help keep the heat out, but I'm still doubtful it is enough.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know much about that particular unit but I can tell you, depending on where you travel, 32 feet is too big for one AC. Ours is 29' with a 15k unit and depending on where we are camping it can struggle to keep up. Travelling on a hot day with the gen running it loses ground about 1 degree per hour and runs non stop. If I ever get another MH it will have at least 2 ac's.
2013 ACE 29.2