cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 thor palazzo 36.1

Wazzupdock
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, we're looking at the 2016 thor Palazzo 36.1 any body have any feedback on the model? pros/cons/? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
93mastercraft wrote:
Effy wrote:
I am shocked this thread didn't get more action.

Here I come, Effy. So all you need to do is search my posts and you will see the bumpy ride I've been on. So, I feel like my slide out issues have been solved. I still worry about the large slide out. I have reserved myself to the fact that I will some day probably need to drive my Palazzo back to Indiana and pay Thor to fix my slide again. But that has not come yet and we enjoy the Palazzo with all its flaws.

Look, before you buy a 36.1, do this, Take a long straight edge and sit it on the top of the large slide out on the inside of the coach. You know, that part at the top where the pretty fake wood molding is. Then get back to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe I was too late? so to the OP, what did you end up with?

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:

Here I come, Effy. So all you need to do is search my posts and you will see the bumpy ride I've been on. So, I feel like my slide out issues have been solved. I still worry about the large slide out. I have reserved myself to the fact that I will some day probably need to drive my Palazzo back to Indiana and pay Thor to fix my slide again. But that has not come yet and we enjoy the Palazzo with all its flaws.

Look, before you buy a 36.1, do this, Take a long straight edge and sit it on the top of the large slide out on the inside of the coach. You know, that part at the top where the pretty fake wood molding is. Then get back to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
2013 ACE 29.2

Wazzupdock
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like th to thank everyone for their feedback. Is much appreciated and we will proceed with caution.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to do a search for other threads about this subject. Here's one; LINK
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at MH also and I have eliminated thor and forest river products. I just don't like them. I think they don't have the quality control other do. I know a a guy who had a forest river and when he drove it off the lot, that night a drawer fell apart in his hands. It took him three months to get the mh back from getting an over haul of the inside

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Plenty of Palazzo owners out there with no issues. They sell a lot of them. And for good reason, as it's the cheapest way to get into a DP.

Well stated Effy and very even handed. You're quote above I think is the most significant because it says "know what you're buying"! Palazzo has no options and is a truly assembly line coach. Combine that with it's the "least expensive" of all diesel pushers out there" and you should have what you need to know. Not good - Not bad - you just need to understand what your getting.

Then read all the write ups you can get your hands on, especially on the 15's and 16's and let your conscience be your guide! It's a nice driving coach, of that I know first hand!

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Hang on tight, this thread is going to be a bumpy ride.

You will hear a LOT of cons about the Palazzo, everything from "stay away from Thor", to "don't go near a Palazzo".

You'll need to sort through bashing versus factual information.

The Palazzo got a black eye and subsequently Thor, based on some slide issues on earlier models. Mind you Winnie and a few other manufacturers used the same schwintek slides and had lots of failures too - not just Thor. That said, this was pretty isolated to full wall slides.

Fast forward, a fix has been applied to all manufacturers using the Schwintek mechanism. The "fix" is to add another set of rails. not exactly confidence inspiring but I have not heard of any failures since this evolution.

The Palazzo is an entry level DP. About as entry level as it gets. That's not a bad thing per se, as long as your expectations match what the budget is. I believe it's the cheapest DP on the market and as such your expectations should reflect that.

If you are looking at entry level DP's, just about every brand has one. I would look hard at the Newmar Ventana LE. Does not use Shwintek and for maybe just a little more money it seems to be a higher end coach.

Plenty of Palazzo owners out there with no issues. They sell a lot of them. And for good reason, as it's the cheapest way to get into a DP.
2013 ACE 29.2