cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'95 E350 Class C: ABS module failed, not available

WesternHorizon
Explorer
Explorer
Shortly after I bought my '95 Fleetwood Tioga Montara on a E-350 chassis last year the ABS light came on and stayed on.

I took it to an independent and they spent a lot of time trying to find the OBD1.0 connector without success.

So I took it in to the Ford dealer: ABS computer module has failed.

P/N: F3UZ2C018B (corrected: Dual Rear Wheels)

Problem: This part is out of production / stock.

Concern of mechanic: Even if I can find one, he has seen a used one not synch up with rest of the brake system.

Anyone have any related experiences or suggestions? Many thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
This recent thread discusses that ABS Valve, even though the subject is Master Cylinder Diameter.

It also includes this link about testing one.

I didn't scour the thread for another link but I believe there was one more in there someplace. Subject RV was a 1993, and I don't know if the chassis was 1993, could have been earlier.

Always work from the CHASSIS year (dashboard VIN and Ford/Chevy door jamb label) and NOT the year Fleetwood or whomever called your RV.

ABS diagnostics, at least on these Fords was NOT part of the OBD-1 suite. Even finding the connector, which I believe is underhood near the brake booster, would not read out the ABS Codes. There was a gyration to get the ABS Light to blink them out. I think something in the above links steers you to that process.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I saw it back in the day. Last year in AZ I met a guy who had gotten a rebuilt assembly. My notes from 2015 are not clear, but this MIGHT be what I need:

Cardone ABS Hydraulic Assembly
Part # 12-2061$143.99 + $42.00 Refundable Core
Exact fit for your 1995 Ford E-350 Econoline
Reman ABS Hydraulic Assembly; 2-Wheel ABS

If my project list ever gets shorter, maybe I will revisit this.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Had same thing on my '94 E350. No part to be found. I took a black sharpie to the dash.

I also documented the whole thing including the written report that as it was, there was indication of ABS failure. I included that when I sold it.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some information on what could be causing the problem.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Had a similar problem with my 2005 Jeep. They found a used unit, fortunately. but what a drag.

WesternHorizon
Explorer
Explorer
Good point. I did find a new unit for $50, so I'm going to gamble on the safe side and get the ABS fixed.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to my '94. I just elected to drive it as-is. People got by without ABS for decades. The brakes function just fine, other than the lack of ABS.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST