cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C in basement compartments.

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone air conditioned one of their thru side to side basement compartments to carry perishables? If so enlighten us on how you did it.
6 REPLIES 6

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
I knew a fella that did that for his perishables, but I don't know how he did it. His coach was impounded coming through the border checkpoint after one of the dogs got a whiff...so I can't check out his coach, and he only got one phone call and that wasn't to me...so I dunno....:B:B....Dennis
It's legal here up north Dennis new Washington State Law, and the Feds said they are going to stay out of it as long as children and gangsters stay out of it! Those that are into that are just puffing away and the cops could care less! Won't be long in IMHO before the roads really become unsafe!

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
You need to cut through to the vent system, run a pipe and have shutoff on it so when you go to Yuma and its 123 outside you aren't cooling it then. You just need to know where the vents for AC run. However, perishables are just that.

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put an ice chest in my basement compartment once.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer
HA HA Dennis I get your drift......Just wondered what someone else may do...If I wanted to install A/c in the basement Id do it somehow.....don't see the need now ,just wondered.....

I haven't checked but since my A/C (heat pump)is already in the basement it may already keep cool. I know it stays warm enough that nothing freezes down there.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I knew a fella that did that for his perishables, but I don't know how he did it. His coach was impounded coming through the border checkpoint after one of the dogs got a whiff...so I can't check out his coach, and he only got one phone call and that wasn't to me...so I dunno....:B:B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG